Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So basically, a man was convicted, sentenced, and released on bail. Then they forgot to tell him to report to prison.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah. I was wondering why I felt 3% more likely to commit a crime.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm using this story as a discussion article for my corporate English students tomorrow. Pretty interesting when you really dig down into why we send people to jail. Seems horribly unfair that nothing happened to him when he cousin was sent to jail but jail's just so hideously expensive it seems hard to justify paying the huge amount of cost that jailing him now would hit people with when there doesn't seem to be anyone that'd really benefit from it.

Also, isn't 13 years a bit long for armed robbery in which nobody was hurt and all that was taken was the contents of a cash register? Maybe Korea's the other extreme but here people get like five years for rape... o.O
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

nevermind, misread the article.
        Last edited by C0ckney; May 6, 2014, 12:01.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
        X