Psychologists are finally taking a long, hard look at spite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Damn, all I said was spite is a sin. How could you take that wrong and then judge me in spite?
    Dude, tell us a few more spiteful things about women. Seriously.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

hold on you guise i need to get some PoPcKorn...
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

There we go.

cKontinue
        Order of the Fly

Comment

Also Kid:

acKording to wiki the Seven Deadly Sins are:

Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride.

I don't see Spite there
          Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            Those are nice and all but do you have examples? I'm especially thinking of #2 and #3? Without examples it is kind of like saying "I suggest you don't conduct pederasty with your pet dog"; yeah, that's true but examples of the person doing the conduct claimed is kind of key to the implication you are making.
            Meat, I haven't been keeping records because this and you aren't that important. For searching, see previous remark.

You can, however, find yourself engaging in man-child/scumbag behavior #3 in one of the 2 threads immediately following/during/following the hack crisis. Hacking Pool, maybe.
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              Dude, tell us a few more spiteful things about women. Seriously.
              I'm not spiteful towards women. Stop making youeself look like more of an ass.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I don't know of any hacking crisis on any forum I frequent. So, any way, this is where we are at now, eh? You claim I behave in certain ways but when asked for an example you are unable to give any and instead resort to repeating the previous unproven claim? Is this the immature and lacking in character conversion you were talking about before? I ask because it seems to be a 180 of what you alleged. Of course, an actual example could turn this into a meaningful conversation so I'll give you another chance and ask again.

Comment

I'm not spiteful towards women. Stop making youeself look like more of an ass.
                  You do come off really angry about the chicks and the fairness of measures to protect them.

I bet you remember last week, and even back to September.

No pasarán

Comment

I'm just saying it is hard to refute a hypothetical (or even talk about them in a factual basis) so if you're going to accuse someone of something it is nice to be able to come up with a specific example.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                      Also Kid:

acKording to wiki the Seven Deadly Sins are:

Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride.

I don't see Spite there
                      Envy and pride are close enough to spite.

Comment

I don't think leaving hate off the list in some fairy tale means a whole lot... It and related feelings like spite are still sinfull...

No pasarán

Comment

You're supposed to pray for people.

Comment

Envy and pride are close enough to spite.
                            I would think that Wrath would Be the cKlosest thing to sPite. Yes Envy and Pride may LEAD to one Becoming sPiteful, But the AcKT of sPite is similar to Wrath.

just Saiyan.
                            Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
                              [shrugs] Spite IS sinful. His attitude in other areas does not negate his correctness in this.

And I'll pretend your question was sincere, and answer, because there is a non-zero chance you will learn something useful.

1.) Recall what I said recently about being a good sport. In improv comedy classes, not that I ever took any, they teach about "yes and" - the concept that it's funnier to agree with whatever outrageous thing has been said, suppressing the natural instinct to argue. Go along with the joke instead, and try to make it even wilder and funnier; Aeson does this all the time, BTW, and it works. This troll pit doesn't have a lot of values, but these guys DO value style in trolling. It's easy to tell when your goat has been gotten, because you turn into a 12 year-old and start with the playground stuff. In our go-round last week, you all but claimed my whole family smells like doo-doo. Sometimes the kid-stuff is funny -I did a little of it that time- but it needs to come as a surprise to work. Comedy depends on surprise. You know what my master stroke in that exchange was? I completely shifted gears and hit you with a paragraph of cold hard truth. I'm doing it again now. You only called me a loser one more time, then, and went away spanked. Next time, come up with some clever responses, and I'll be gentler. Watch that tendency to give tells that your feelings are really hurt/back is up. Your status around here would be a lot higher (well, less low) if you weren't such easy meat.

2.) PMs are private for a REASON. Note that that rule is actually enforced in this place of low standards. Not respecting that someone chose to say something to you privately is poor character. No one trusts a scumbag who advertises that he can't be trusted to even GET the details RIGHT when he's spilling his guts. Pulling crap like that behind someone's back? That's cowardice added to your low-rent lineup of traits.

3.) And this is a big one, so pay attention. Adding insult to injury is a very bad thing. When someone confronts about your sleazy offences, insults and irresponsible speculation about your accuser is just making it worse, and is the action of a child. From a man your age, it's pathetic and sad. A MAN would cop, apologize and do better.

You DO think you're a MAN, don't you, meat?

That was cathartic. Be smart, chose your shots, cross me only with style, and I may not feel the need again. You're more than half-bright, Oerdin; you can do it.

Maybe.
                              Wow, that's one of the strongest character assassinations I've see anywhere in a long time.

Can't we all just get along...!?

Why don't the two of you just wipe the slate clean from this point forward?
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Jesus Christ, MOBIUS, wtf happened to you?!
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X