No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you just wait a couple of weeks, killing yourself is kind pre-emptive, the world is going to go to war probably nuclear, watch Rome burn least thats what I'm doing.

Comment

This Thread is surprisingly helpful.

Very few Bananas though, 4/5 Stars
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        Kierkegaard said, "purity of heart is to will one thing." He meant will the good. You can't really only will one thing, evil, unless you are a demon, because you always know that good is good, evil isn't.

Anywho, you need a reason to live or you are going to kill yourself. You're going to do it sooner or later because it's the only rational thing to do.

There's only one thing that no one can take away from you, your ability to choose. You can choose to be happy. People do it everyday. It's called the will to meaning. There are other types of will that would at least keep you alive. One is Will to Power (Nietzsche), you have to be successful for that though. It works for KH I think. The other is will to pleasure, hedonism. That one only works for so long before you kill yourself.
        Dude, Felch already told me to get high, and he did it with several thousand fewer words.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Not sure if there's anything practical I can add. It all seems so easy to give advice when you can't truly know how the other person feels (CBT works for me, BTW).

Except that it's clear that you're a valued and respected member of this community and that we all care about what happens to you.
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Thank you, MOBIUS.

I'm doing CBT. What I've found is that I'm often able to challenge maladaptive thoughts when my mood is okay or even somewhat poor, but when I'm in truly dreadful moods, I know that I should be challenging my thoughts, and I even tell myself that I should be doing so, but a much louder voice tells the rest of me to ****ing shutup and just let it happen because goddamn it we've worked so hard at this and sometimes it's just easier to ride out the negative thoughts than do anything about them. Riding them out, however, usually involves indulging negative thoughts, so that I end up not doing anything productive with my day, and feeling worse about myself, and yadda yadda. But in the moment, when I'm in my darkest moods, it's incredibly difficult to care enough to put forth the effort required to change what I'm thinking.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

God is always excluded and believers always insulted on these and many other forums. Yet in my 20s God pulled me out of the same sort of mess you are in. Get on your knees and pray. I prayed and told God that I knew he was there and I'd stay on the floor until he helped me.

Now I was totally broken at that point, completely without self. I don't know if that was a part of why God responded. I never allowed myself to seriously consider killing myself, that's one difference we have. Try...pray...

Don't ever even consider the possibility. Better to starve waiting for God to tell you to eat. Whatever you are enduring is better than what you will face if you end the life God gave you. Do not embrace death while you still have a breath to breathe.

If you feel like you cannot carry the burden on your soul any longer, welcome to the club. Jesus came and hung out with and ministered to the sick. When my burden was lifted I felt the love of God and no other experience in my life compared, not even close.
              Last edited by Lancer; March 12, 2014, 09:44.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Yes. If you can manage to turn off your intellect, religion is a good plan.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Exactly. If intellect got you where you are, think with your spirit. Thanks Sava for proving my point about the internet.

Comment

I aim to please.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh look... the two-faced one is back and talking about religion
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Sorry, I don't know what you are talking about dan. We're alike in that btw.

Comment

I tend to think depression is all biology. Any solution that does not affect biology will, at best, distract you from the problem.

CBT? Useless exercise in semantics. Thoughts don't dictate feelings. Feelings drive thoughts.

Religion? Pffft.

Positive thinking? Useless.

Pills/meds? If you can find one that works, great. But it's mostly "pin the neurotransmitter on the donkey". And anything that suppresses inhibition could lead to more "impulsive" results.

Happiness is a myth. People who are happy are so because of biology... meaning, they are naturally blithering idiots.

If being happy meant I had to turn my brain off, I'd rather be miserable. The world sucks. If you are sad about it, that makes you normal.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                            Yes. If you can manage to turn off your intellect, religion is a good plan.
                            You do have to realize that your way of thinking doesn't work, that's called mental illness.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Maybe...start your own depression thread Sava? I mean, one at a time please...

How can you be depressed with an avatar like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                                I tend to think depression is all biology. Any solution that does not affect biology will, at best, distract you from the problem.

CBT? Useless exercise in semantics. Thoughts don't dictate feelings. Feelings drive thoughts.

Religion? Pffft.

Positive thinking? Useless.

Pills/meds? If you can find one that works, great. But it's mostly "pin the neurotransmitter on the donkey". And anything that suppresses inhibition could lead to more "impulsive" results.

Happiness is a myth. People who are happy are so because of biology... meaning, they are naturally blithering idiots.

If being happy meant I had to turn my brain off, I'd rather be miserable. The world sucks. If you are sad about it, that makes you normal.
                                No. That makes you a loser.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X