Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah. The sin of Judas...
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Hrm, I'm guessing you don't think I betrayed Jesus, but that's all I really know about Judas. /me does some googling. Oh, is it that I despair and have no hope? Yeah, that's true. It's very easy for me to rationalize away the positives in my life by claiming they are a result of luck or forces outside of my control, or by noting that they've all been short-lived, which leads me to conclude that I never really made progress at all. So I intrinsically believe that I'm going to be this way forever.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yeah, you got it in one.

That belief is the depression talking of course. Depression is reinforcing cycles all over the place.

Y'know, the stuff Molly keeps going on about exercise is absolutely true - I've been told the same thing over and over by more than one person in more than one depression thread. I'm not rude about it, but they. will. not. step. off. -And the thing is, I already knew I needed more exercise, that it would make me feel better. But I'm gonna hit the weights when I'm ready, which is not while I'm having a depression spell. It just doesn't work that way with depression.

Siigh. I just have to keep telling myself that I've survived worse. -Because I have, these last 20-30 years. Honestly, that kind of black thinking, remembering when I was so nerve-wrecked in college that I lost 30 pounds in a semester (she was mean to me), helps when I look at it from the right angle. I'm lonely and bored, but this ain't so bad, really. I remember both the times I stopped eating for months. I lived through it, and have slowly trended better over the years. This ain't so bad.

No pasarán

Comment

• Yeah, who needs to exercise when you can just stop eating! Hm, that wasn't what you were saying? Poppycock.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• No.

I've lived through times where I wasn't even safe from violence at church. I've lived among drug-soaked hippies in a tent in freezing weather, on nothing but peanut butter sandwiches for weeks at a time. I've been told what a piece of crap I was far too many times in my 49 years, to the extent that I have a kind of psychological deafness to hearing anything shouted or just said with a distinct edge in someone's voice. (I had to find some way not to believe them, after all.)

I been through some bad times- there was a lot throwing up involved in that especially bad spell in college; nothing was worth the suffering I went through, at least not unless the weight loss had been permanent -and while these here ain't exactly great times, this ain't so bad.

My feet are dry, you see. I don't even have to explain that one to guys who've been through basic training. Warm, dry, feet are wonderful.

No pasarán

Comment

• (Watch this trick.) Sigh, I hate how mundane my life is. As bad as I feel right now, my life is pretty okay. I have a job, a place to live, a car, a couple friends, all that jazz. When I hear about people who are in worse straits than me, or have been, I feel ashamed and guilty about feeling depressed. I mean, what right do I have to feel this way, when objectively speaking I could be doing so, so much worse? But beyond feeling guilty, I actually feel jealous. I wish my life were truly, brain-rapingly ****ty, because then my depression would be justified. I wish I had been through the **** you've been through. Or I wish I'd grown up with an absent, drug-addled mother and no father the way one friend of mine did. Or I wish I were going through what my incarcerated friend was going through right now. Just so that I could have some reason to feel as ****ty as I do.

Comment

• Anyway, my therapist really thinks I should try to get more than 4 hours of sleep a night, so I'm signing off for now.

Comment

• ...Now I feel like a creep for out-crapulanting you...

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    There's a distinct possibility that the best I'll ever be able to do is manage it, diabetes-style, and that I can't actually "cure" my depression.
                    I haven't 'cured' mine. I live with the possibility that some random metabolic flicker or devastating personal event (such as the sudden unexplained death of a friend which began one cycle) may trigger a prolonged bout.

Do you think I haven't wasted time compiling the music I wanted played at my funeral ? Or considered the ways to end my life ? I haven't always been the little sunbeam that Jesus wanted...

However, I do what I know helps to stave off or alleviate the prodroma- and as I keep telling you, exercise is a valuable asset. Do you like feeling high ?

You will love endorphins and exercise. Get started, the sooner the better for you.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• I actually figured out how to make it look not like a suicide, hurting my loved ones being a thing that had held me back...

No pasarán

Comment

• yay?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Well, it been decades, and I haven't done it anyway...

No pasarán

Comment

• yay!
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Stay away from MASH reruns....
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• If it's not on Netflix I'm not watching it.

Comment

Working...
                                X