Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I buy a house, and if so how much should I spend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know purchase price already (820 in 1994 - there looks to have been some work on house done since then). I will check your site for loan info.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Loan info shows that they purchased on ~20% down in 94, pulled out some equity over the years and are now ~45% equity in their home.

Offer at 1.2 in. If they're reasonable they will come down to 1.25 and the real negotiation can begin.
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Deal done at 1.24
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• After tax refund on mortgage interest, including property taxes and maintenance, this will cost me the equivalent of ~4000 a month rent. Pretty reasonable for what it is.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• 2% under the Zillow estimate.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Who has more bathrooms? You or Kuci?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I only have 4.5 for 2 adults and a baby.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• how palatial
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    how palatial
                    well, he could have more crotchfruit.
                    [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by 100% Wolf View Post
                      well, he could have more crotchfruit.
                      I'd say 2 individuals to a head is the most efficient distribution while being perfectly comfortable.

I'll be mocked for that comment but if you genuinely sit down and think about it considering wait times, the effects of different usage rates, the necessity of cleaning and the distribution of cleaning responsibilities, etc. and think about your own personal experiences with different ratios of individuals to heads, a 2:1 ratio is probably ideal.

KH would need to have 6 children to maximize the utility of his heads.

Comment

• There's nothing stopping me now; I could have like 50 of the little bastards.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                          There's nothing stopping me now; I could have like 50 of the little bastards.
                          You'll need to invest in more toilet and hygiene facilities.

Comment

• Actually, it should be 2 bathrooms per individual. That way you never have to share and you always have a bathroom available while the other is being cleaned.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• But which bathrooms will the servants use?
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• The ones at their own homes, I would hope. I'm not paying them to crap.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X