Our scuzzy third president

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our scuzzy third president

More fun from library books. You know Jefferson's affair with Sally Hemings? Turns out it's much, much creepier than most people think.

See, Hemings wasn't just a slave. She was also the (much younger) half-sister of Jefferson's late wife, whose father was apparently quite fond of the brown sugar. At the time the affair began, she was fourteen and he was pushing fifty. Did I mention that she looked a LOT like her half-sister, who had died a few years previously, after making Jefferson swear that he would never remarry? And that Jefferson started the affair shortly after viewing a painting of Sarah presenting Hagar to Abraham? I'm sure this could get creepier somehow--for example, if he had Sally dress up in her sister's clothes. But it's kind of surprising that this stuff isn't better known, don't you think?

Also he was an underhanded hypocrite.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

They're all murderers, psychopaths and criminals.

Chicks can have boobs at 14. So I can't call him a pedo outright. But the creep factor is definitely high.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

He suonds pretty normal - what's the problem ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes, our esteemed Founding Fathers were a bunch of slave-owning rapists and murderers who only became Founding Fathers because they didn't want to pay their taxes.

Politicians are horrible, horrible people, little better than criminals. It has always been thus.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

she was a teen slave, all that other stuff aint creepy

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
            she was a teen slave, all that other stuff aint creepy
            I'm pretty sure that neither Jefferson, Sally or their neighbours found it creepy.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

neither do I, banging a 14 year old slave is immoral, not creepy

Comment

Everyone wants to sleep with their master if he's as cool as TJ so it's cool...NO.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                  neither do I, banging a 14 year old slave is immoral, not creepy
                  You think it is, they didn't. They would probably call you insane at put you into some asylum where people could watch you behind bars and throw stones at you for fun

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Jefferson was awesome and you all wish you could be half as cool as him
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      Jefferson was awesome and you all wish you could be half as cool as him
                      I can see a future headline story :
                      Secret dungeon discovered.

A person with the network name Hauldren Collider has been arrested - though for the moment in intensive care at a local hospital.

The story is a bit unclear, but is seems like he had convinced several teen girls that he would be Jefferson while they would be Sallys. When the girls found out that he couldn't live up to his promises, they apparently beat him up before calling the police.

The prosecutor has apparently some problems with witch charges that will apply - the girls volonteered though still hold captive, but they were not harmed. On the other hand the girls beat up the HC person, but that could be self defense.

Latest rumor is that the girls will go for a lawsuit claiming $100mill due to broken promises.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

um
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          um
                          No reason to panic - just talk with your nice psychiatric and tell about your Jefferson/slave dreams. She will probably have some nice pills for you

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I would recommend salt peter in high doses.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

i don't want anything salty from your peter
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X