America will enter the modern era soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felch View Post
    I'll be happy when old ladies stop writing goddamn checks at the supermarket.

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
    Especially when the cashier scans the check and hands it back to them.

ACK!
    Can't remember the last time I had a cashier at the supermarket. It's all self scan and pay.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      I define modernity as "knowing enough to not live in a frozen ****ing hellscape". Which means I'm not modern, since I'm currently in Pittsburgh. brrr.
      Worst hellscape, ever.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        Can't remember the last time I had a cashier at the supermarket. It's all self scan and pay.
        High minimum wage?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Same reason we don't go ourselves dem slaves.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I think it's more the demographic of the stores - high customer footfall, low quantity purchases in a downtown location with large variation between peak hours and rest of day. Minimum wage not really an issue as significant savings would be made for any market rate wage.

Comment

I say savings, not sure what the current stats are on increased shoplifting due to such checkouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                Worst hellscape, ever.

Rochester looks nice in the summer too

Comment

Rochester was a quasi-random collection of potholes, rusting bridges, and vacant old factories the last time I was there.

And yes, it was summer.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

When were you there? When I was there last year, the roads were basically brand new. Not a pothole in sight.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Rochester is in the hellscape category
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It was over a decade ago. But it really was like poster material for rotting Rust Belt infrastructure.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          That's on you.
                          The 'hellscape' where much of 'Silence of the Lambs' was filmed.

Ho ho.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                          X