Crime in England and Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://youtu.be/SMvCLfkMhao?t=22m40s ?

Seems like Youtube hid the embed at certain timemark for unknown reasons..
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I was thinking of an Andy Parsons comment

"Police numbers have been reduced. Police said this would lead to an increase in crime. In fact, crime has decreased. That’s a bit embarrassing for the police. The best interpretation is that police numbers have little effect on crime – the worst interpretation, that the police were causing a lot of the crime."
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        Do the stats include white collar (mostly bank) crimes. They just keep on coming out the woodwork..
        It's extremely unlikely that they would crop up in the Crime Survey. I can't see anyone going "Why yes! Yes I was a victim of LIBOR rigging!". And the sparcity of actual criminal convictions would make its presence in police figures negligible.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin View Post
          recommended me to go to Slough if I wanted to see things like that, but I never got round to it.
          Not one of my favourite poets, but this is always amusing :

Slough

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!
          It isn't fit for humans now,
          There isn't grass to graze a cow.
          Swarm over, Death!
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
            It's extremely unlikely that they would crop up in the Crime Survey. I can't see anyone going "Why yes! Yes I was a victim of LIBOR rigging!". And the sparcity of actual criminal convictions would make its presence in police figures negligible.
            I know I lead with the chin in the way I phrased it, but it was a rhetorical statement with no question mark. The fact that there is a massive amount of economic crime not reflected in any crime stats is kinda my point.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

There's a massive amount of all types of crime not reflected in any crime stats. Hell, look at Harold Shipman. We suddenly acquired 200+ murders that nobody had noticed before.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
              X