Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Does it get any better?
    It does but we're real proud of you, those of us who remember when you first started posting as a young kid doing it hard with Mom, and congratulations again.

From your tough background, I think you are an ideal candidate for your role. One reason is you can appreciate the benefits.

One piece of advice - seize the opportunities that come up - being the guy who is prepared to go when others won't is a a big advantage in any form of public service. Plus active service means even better pay, chances for promotion and short tours so you aren't locked in.

The next step might be to find a job that suits the military career, gives you the long leave you need. Something like a civilian job in the US Defence Department might be worth investigating.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Spot on.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
        when you first started posting as a young kid doing it hard with Mom
        WTF?!

I assume this must mean something different from what I'm reading.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

WTF?!

Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

WTF?!

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
              WTF?!

WTF?!

Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

This thread
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

How yes no.
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Oh great, I'm getting Jon Millered.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Higher rank, big responsibilities.
                      just be good.

Comment

Working...
                      X