No announcement yet.

Rolling Stone is a front for Marxism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously Rolling Stone isnt a front for anything - they merely employ people who have various marxist thoughts they are at liberty to opine about. You think companies are a reflection of their employees wacky ideas and misdeeds?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
      The author admitted to being a communist, ken.
      Please stop using 'admit' inappropriately (it's not just you, news stories increasingly do this too). He did not 'admit' to being a communist (I think he actually used the phrase 'far-leftist' for one thing), but even if he did say he was a communist, that is not a confession. Being a communist is not a crime that you need to admit culpability for. As I said, this isn't the age of McCarthyism for goodness sake.

When someone openly declares themselves to be on the far left, and writes articles about how far left policies are good, then that isn't a 'front' that's someone openly telling you their ideology and beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
        Nothing there contradicts music.
        Musicians still labor under the pretence that their music is their intellectual property (for the most part).
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          Please stop using 'admit' inappropriately (it's not just you, news stories increasingly do this too). He did not 'admit' to being a communist (I think he actually used the phrase 'far-leftist' for one thing), but even if he did say he was a communist, that is not a confession. Being a communist is not a crime that you need to admit culpability for. As I said, this isn't the age of McCarthyism for goodness sake.

When someone openly declares themselves to be on the far left, and writes articles about how far left policies are good, then that isn't a 'front' that's someone openly telling you their ideology and beliefs.
          Would you object to "self-confessed"?
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
            Uh this is news? Just please don't re-distribute the wealth of Rock Stars or Magazine Publishers.
            "...not as long as the soda cans are red white and blue ones"
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
              Musicians still labor under the pretence that their music is their intellectual property (for the most part).
              It seems to me that many are happy with you downloading their music.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
              X