Predictions for 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions for 2014

The Conservatives in Canada will continue the Senate scandal ... Stephen Harper will appoint Rob Ford to represent Manitoba.
    Pekka will emerge from surgery with super powers.
    It will be revealed that the NSA has been secretly funding domestic terrorists to keep its funding in place.
    Ben Kenobi will post something that everyone will agree with.
    The 'Tea Party' will prove to be a Jewish/Communist conspiracy.
    Ming will sweep the Dead Pool.
    Late in August, Danish prime minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt will safely deliver a mixed race daughter.
    Apolyton will surpass Facebook in members.

Last edited by Aeson; December 31, 2013, 21:37. Reason: clicking wrong button, sorry ...
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Zsa Zsa Gabor will usher in 2015.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

climate change alarmism will be debunked as nonsense on the scale of the Y2K scare
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

People will get tired of zombies.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

2014 will become passé and all will be discarded in favour of 2015. I give it 12 months.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
            Apolyton will surpass Facebook in members.
            So you're predicting Facebook will shut down ...

Comment

Facebook is a dead man walking. It is no longer cool for young people. Once the current user base ages out......
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                People will get tired of zombies.
                If only.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  Facebook is a dead man walking. It is no longer cool for young people. Once the current user base ages out......
                  In 50+ years in other words.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Average age of FB users is now 41. It is dissed among college college, who call it "Mombook" and are walking away because it's all full of their parents and professors. About 65% of Facebook users are now over 35.

Usage among teens:
                    Facebook is now down to 55%
                    Tumblr is currently at 61%
                    Twitter, about 22%
                    Instagram, about 22%

The numbers being reported vary by site and source, but the trend is clear: Facebook has become an increasingly mainstream network dominated by adults.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Facebook is very very very far from being dead.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Facebook still does Flash games, advertising, and corporate social presence better than any other social service. That it continues to grow in monthly users even though it's no longer the "in" thing speaks volumes.

Tumblr is more of a fad service right now. Blogs and sharing platforms are very volatile, relying mostly on being the "in" thing since there's millions of platforms out there that all do basically the same thing. If that's all there is to a service, then even if it "wins" it becomes a victim of it's own popularity, driving away the people who built it's user base for something fresh and new. Maybe they can grow it into a solid platform that doesn't just rely on being the "in" thing among teens and young adults, but doing so is tough.

Google Trends is rather telling in this competition. This is for the US market, worldwide is even more of a slaughter:

Comment

The Andy Reid-coached Chiefs will beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl and the city of Philadelphia will look like Hiroshima from all the minds being blown.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The Cubs will win the World Series

Hope springs eternal
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm pretty sure the reason the cubs keep losing is because people are willing to be their fans even though they always lose.

Comment

Working...
                              X