Nostalgia: 1994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia: 1994

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Doom is and always was terrible. It is what you played if you were planning to shoot up your high school and then blow yourself away.

NHL 94

Comment

:wiglaf:

Comment

WHY IS :wiglaf: NOT A SMILIE? OUR GODDAMNED DUTCH OVERLORDS HAVE FAILED US.

Comment

If you're going to claim people played Doom and got laid then I'm going to have to ask for proof. Vince Vaughn himself used NHL 94 to get laid in front of America

Comment

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I loved Doom back in the day. Also I remember playing a hell of a lot of X-Wing vs TIE Fighter back in the day with my trusty Flight Stick Pro joy stick.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That was probably the best joystick of that era plus it was made in San Diego before everything got outsourced to China.

Comment

The best!
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I remember the first time my daughter saw me playing Doom. She stood quietly by me for a minute or so then turned around and ran off shouting" Mommy!!!! Daddy's playing a videogame that's NOT NICE AT ALL!!!!!!!!"
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Events of 1994:

South African Black Get to Vote, April
                        Mandela got 60 percent of the vote, far more than FW de Klerk who began dismantling aparthaid 5 years earlier. The flag was also changed to help erase some of their past.

Civil war in Rwanda
                        The spark that ignited a bloody civil war (500,000 people killed) was started by Hutu troops, which shot down a plan carrying the president of Rwanda and Burundi in revenge for allowing the Tutsi to share power.

Rwanda Genocide
                        Over 800,000 innocent Tutsis are hacked to death by Hutu extremists. The world does nothing
                        IRA peace talks result in a cease-fire

Existence of black holes proved.
                        The Hubble telescope reveals conclusive evidence of the existence of black holes, which had been purely theoretical up until this point.

Run OJ, RUN
                        On June 13, 1994 Nicole Brown Simpsons and Ronald Goldman were murdered outside Nicole's house in Brentwood, CA. On June 17th, OJ and his friend Al Cowlings took flight from the police in his white Ford Bronco, in a low speed chase which ended up at his mansion where he surrendered.

Kurt Cobain's Suicide
                        Nirvana's singer, Kurt Cobain, dies at 27 from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was found by wife, Courtney Love, and a whole generation of teens mourned.

Nixon Died
                        April 22, 1994...Died of a stroke at the age of 81

Commodore Computers Go Bust
                        The final battle for PC supremacy in the home was finally won by Microsoft with its last big competitor for the home market now in recievership. Due to decades of mismanagement and insight this home based computer company ceased to exist!
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post

NHL 94

also Doom

Doom2 multiplayer was awesome.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                              Commodore Computers Go Bust
                              The final battle for PC supremacy in the home was finally won by Microsoft with its last big competitor for the home market now in recievership. Due to decades of mismanagement and insight this home based computer company ceased to exist!
                              That was the worst part of it. Commodore was the BOMB! It was the best computer gaming system of my childhood and everyone I knew had one.

Comment

Working...
                              X