Death to Santa Claus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
    True, there is a great story on Wikipedia about how the Italians nicked his bones.
    When the Italians in Rome found a lot of fairly well-preserved corpses in the Catacombs in the 17th ? 18th ? Century, they were given highly dubious Christian credentials and thus transformed into the remains of Christian saints and martyrs, and turned into a lucrative export.

I think Saints Clement and Frederick ended up in the Habsburg Empire enshrined in a couple of Baroque extravaganzas.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
      Death to Santa Claus? Where's the Christmas spirit?
      It gets better.

Zwarte Piet :

The man who lit the tinderbox is Quinsy Gario, a Curaçao-born Dutch performance artist, who began protesting in 2011 when he attended a Sinterklaas parade wearing a T-shirt reading “Zwarte Piet is racism” and was arrested.

Dat Ol' Man Ribbah.... he jes' keep rollin'....

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        Santa died on 6th, not 25th.
        Then where is the spirit, Christmas?
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
          Then where is the spirit, Christmas?
          From what I can recall of travelling around large cities in the days running up to Christmas, frequently regurgitated onto pavements, gutters and shopfronts.

Comment

Working...
          X