Australia promises not to spy on Indonesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia promises not to spy on Indonesia

Foreign Minister Julia Bishop has given Indonesia assurances Australia will not spy on Jakarta anymore as she tries to repair the damage to bilateral ties.

Ms Bishop arrived at the foreign ministry in Jakarta today to meet with her Indonesian counterpart, Marty Natalegawa, as part of efforts to heal a diplomatic rift sparked by recent spying revelations.

Dr Natalegawa says he's already reported to the president following the talks, adding that he'd been pleased with the progress made at the meeting.

Australia has agreed to a six-point plan aimed at repairing relations with Indonesia, with Foreign Minister Julie Bishop also providing assurances during talks in Jakarta that the Abbott government will not deploy intelligence assets against its northern neighbour.

I mean, I believe them, thousands wouldn't

Thank you Edward Snowden
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

"I promise I will never die"

Comment

Calling bull****

Comment

Australia decides Indonesia isn't worth spying on…..
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
        X