Broken Sword 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Sword 5

So I've got Broken Sword 5 today. First of two episodes.

8% into the game, according to the save menu. Have played in ca one hour. Having fun so far. The style is beautiful and handmade, the game exactly what you expect from a 90s style adventure game. Puzzles not too hard so far, but I did use the excellent hint system to check it out. The game is structured so that you can't miss important stuff before going on, but it solves it well in my opinion. I tried to exit a door thinking I had discovered all, the main person then thought to himself "I think I have missed something in this room". Glorious. The game has some humor, not laughing a lot, but chuckling a bit here and there. Great atmosphere. The controls are good, using only the two mouse buttons, but it works well even that simple.

Loving it so far.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

pictures

Oh, wait nevermind - Apolyton does not let people post pictures anymore.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

This is how the game looks Fun.

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
        I tried to exit a door thinking I had discovered all, the main person then thought to himself "I think I have missed something in this room".
        This is exactly why I don't play adventures anymore. Everything is dumbed (is that a word?) down because people don't want to think anymore.
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

I'm happy for it. I absolutely hated it in The Longest Journey when I was far, far into the game and came nowhere further due to me missing a small bottle in the first room in the game. And no clue from the game of what was wrong. Had to use a walkthrough and read it carefully to find out my error.

Comment

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

[img*]http://revolution.co.uk/media/filer_public/15/f0/15f0b05b-1c9a-4adf-843a-c3cd25da1194/bs5_screen1.jpg[/img]
              It doesn't really look fun.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Might be, but it is.

Comment

Working...
                X