Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just in case you needed another reason to dislike Florida college sports teams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in case you needed another reason to dislike Florida college sports teams.

The Gators were scheduled to meet Connecticut at 7 p.m. Monday night.

"It just felt like the wrong decision made by somebody who didn't think it through," the passenger, who wished to remain anonymous, told the Sun.

She said passengers were told their plane had a mechanical failure, but then some noticed through a window the Gators were boarding their airplane.

Delta spokesman Michael Thomas told the Sun passengers were booked on other flights and given vouchers for future travel.

Delta also made a statement through UF, stating, "the University of Florida in no way participated in the decision-making process."

The Gators would go on to lose the game game 65-64 when Uconn guard Shabazz Napier hit a buzzer-beating jump shot.

The Gators found another way to frustrate some their fan base a day after the school wrapped up its first losing football season since 1979.

It also shows just how different the media covered this. The chicago tribune had an article similar to the one above. But there were quite a few that spent most of the article focusing on how the airline makes these decisions. (number of passengers, blah blah blah) and didn't even mention the part where the booted passengers "noticed through the window the Gators were boarding their airplane"

At least they could have moved the game to a different gate so they wouldn't see it. But then this wouldn't have been as amusing.
    At least they lost their game
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

While they claim that the university had no participation in the decision, I would find it hard to believe that Billy Donoavan - a classic Type A personality - didn't have his threatening little fingerprints all over it.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

it is possible that they were just trying to suck up to him.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sure, that's entirely possible. But I'm willing to bet that "redesignating" a regular flight as a Gator charter was his suggestion.

Granted, I hate that rat bastard, so my perspective is less than generous.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm still laughing that they announced the malfunction while the team was boarding the plain in plain sight. Who thought that was a good idea.
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

...conveniently failing to mention that the malfunction was on the other plane.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned this ball is entirely in Delta's court.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Sports stars are the American aristocracy. and yes, they are better than you.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                X