Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
    What will they think of next?

This station was originally set up to reach out to ethnic communities.

Could something like this exist without taxpayer money? I doubt it.
    Well yes and no. Yes, because people would give her money to do this, but they don't have to because they can use other people's money. No, because those people have useless govt jobs.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      HC needs to die in a fire because NPR and PBS are both great. BTW only ~10% of NPR's budget comes from the government and most of that is competitive grants which anyone in the media can compete for. So rather than whining about the $0.01 you pay to NPR & PBS per year, or pretending that your significant in their funding in any way, why don't you actually learn wtf you're talking about instead?
      NPR is leftist propoganda. Leave it to you to support the government paying for that crap.

Comment

Nonsense. It's probably the most objective news source in the entire country. They bend over backwards in attempts to do so because the right wing knows they can always make the same retarded claim you did and they get to benefit from it automatically. If NPR doesn't drop objectivity then the Republicans get to say "SEE?! I TOLD YOU!" while if they do sacrifice objectivity and instead just treat politicians with kid gloves (not challenging them when they lie) then Republicans get exactly what they want by silencing fact based journalism. Not to mention it also plays to the brain damaged right wing base because then Fox or Limbaugh or who ever can claim "You can only trust me and no other news source so don't ever, ever, ever listen to anyone else."

It's all a lie but it is the closest thing that Republicans can find to a free lunch so it is no wonder why they trot out that tired old lie over and over again.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Kid seems to have come a long way from the commie who didn't believe in capital.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

That sounds itchy.
            Nonsense. It's probably the most objective news source in the entire country. They bend over backwards in attempts to do so because the right wing knows they can always make the same retarded claim you did and they get to benefit from it automatically. If NPR doesn't drop objectivity then the Republicans get to say "SEE?! I TOLD YOU!" while if they do sacrifice objectivity and instead just treat politicians with kid gloves (not challenging them when they lie) then Republicans get exactly what they want by silencing fact based journalism. Not to mention it also plays to the brain damaged right wing base because then Fox or Limbaugh or who ever can claim "You can only trust me and no other news source so don't ever, ever, ever listen to anyone else."

It's all a lie but it is the closest thing that Republicans can find to a free lunch so it is no wonder why they trot out that tired old lie over and over again.
            You call news stories that are all about lesbians and other so called minorities objective? I listen to NPR dude. I listen to a lot of radio.

Comment

Hello Kid
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                Buying an annuity as opposed to stocks is sensible.
                You've been watching those shows haven't you...
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

More like they're bound to give good advice sometimes, even if only by accident.

Comment

Annuities at a time of historically low interest rates are not a good deal.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

You've been watching those shows haven't you...
                      For some reason the same fraudsters selling annuities to people are also trying to find suckers for really bad reverse mortgages.

Comment

My theory is the arty people who run PBS stations don't have a clue about economics.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          You call news stories that are all about lesbians and other so called minorities objective? I listen to NPR dude. I listen to a lot of radio.
                          Serious question: Are you stupid?

I ask because NPR had nothing to do with what some Australian broadcasting company does.

Comment

My theory is the arty people who run PBS stations don't have a clue about economics.
                            I've never seen one of these horriblely misinformed just out right bad economic advice info-mercials on PBS. They are pretty much standard advertisers on right wing talk radio though along with "natural male enhancement" pills, commercials for bankruptcy attorneys, and companies offering to sell you a $200 computer for $1000 (on an installment plan at 20% interest, of course). Personally, I'd say the advertisers on right wing talk radio have nailed their marks.

Comment

That's why it surprised me - it was KQED

KQED provides public radio, television, and independent reporting on issues that matter to the Bay Area. We’re the NPR and PBS member station for Northern California.

The endorsement of a PBS channel can be pretty powerful

Comment

Working...
                              X