Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screwed up America: Rape the gay away pastor won't serve time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwed up America: Rape the gay away pastor won't serve time.

Brent Girouex is a notorious evangelical pastor from Iowa who claimed, with a straight face, that he was only trying to help the gay teens who came to him for help to "stop being gay". How did Girouex help them? Why he raped the teen boys, all of them, at least a dozen of them, over and over and over again. It looks like an Iowa court will let him go without serving any time too.

Iowa pastor and youth counselor Brent Girouex, who claimed with a straight face that he was trying to “cure” teenage boys of their “homosexual urges” by having sex with them, has had his sentence reduced from 17 years in prison to sex offender treatment and probation.

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

One of his victims was ass raped by him at least 100 times starting at age 14.

But he gets no time?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

How do you even get raped by the same person 100 times? Wouldn't you at least avoid the rapist after the first time?

Comment

You're forgetting the power people in authority can hold over young people. Religion truly ****s with people's minds.

Comment

Sounds to me like the pastor was the gay one
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

But that is just wrong. On what grounds was his sentence reduced? That judge should be fired.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

He must have sucked the judge's dick to get such leniency.

Comment

Like most virulently anti-gay people I have little doubt that he is gay. I'm not sure what the flimsy excuse was which the judge used but it is appalling and reminds me of the case in Montana where the judge gave (the much older rapist) of an under age teen girl just 30 days because the poor girl was wearing a mini-skirt and so was obviously asking to be raped. The teen girl committed suicide when she learned her rapist would be out in just 30 days and would be back in their small town to torment her some more.

There are some really backwards parts of America.

Comment

Speaking of backwards parts of the country...
                Judges, Grudgingly, Overturn Rape Conviction Thanks to Arcane Law From 1872

Thanks in large part to a 19th century California law, a man who pretended to be the boyfriend of a sleeping woman before initiating sexual intercourse with her could get a second chance at a trial after an appellate panel of judges overturned his rape conviction. Why? The woman wasn't married.

The judges are urging legislators to update the clearly outdated state law after deciding that Julio Morales, who was convicted and sentenced to three years in prison by a trial court, may have been sent to jail based on an argument by prosecutors that wasn't—in the very strictest sense—a correct interpretation of the arcane law.

The 1872 criminal code, which apparently is still the state's definition of rape by impersonation, applies as written only if the rapist is pretending to be the husband of a married victim. Here's Judge Thomas L. Willhite Jr. on why the obviously reluctant panel of judges decided to overturn the conviction:
                "Has the man committed rape? Because of historical anomalies in the law and the statutory definition of rape, the answer is no, even though, if the woman had been married and the man had impersonated her husband, the answer would be yes."
                According to the Associated Press, prosecutors actually presented two arguments for conviction during the trial: the impersonation argument and the argument that Morales's initiation of sexual intercourse with an unconscious person is, by law, rape. But the appellate court wasn't sure which argument jurors used to make their decision, necessitating a retrial. According to the Los Angeles Times, prosecutors are still deciding whether they'll retry Morales (maybe this time with only one argument) or if they'll appeal to the California Supreme Court.
                Thanks in large part to a 19th century California law, a man who pretended to be the boyfriend of a sleeping woman before initiating sexual intercourse...

Comment

"Could get". I'm pretty sure he'll still get convicted even if he was granted a retrial.

Comment

I don't understand this story. Did the pastor commit rape rape, or statutory rape? Skeptical that a judge would let a real rapist off with just probation, even in a backward ****hole like Iowa.

edit: Sounds like statutory rape, although the charge was merely “suspicion of sexual exploitation by a counselor or therapist”.

You've heard of praying the gay away and playing sports to expel homosexual urges, but here's something new and even more insane: Jerking off with a
                    Last edited by Captain ******* Kirk; November 27, 2013, 16:59.
                    I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

Turns out this guy's from Council Bluffs, so nothing about this story is surprising.
                      I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain ******* Kirk View Post
                        edit: Sounds like statutory rape, although the charge was merely “suspicion of sexual exploitation by a counselor or the rapist”.

http://www.queerty.com/ex-pastor-bre...lity-20130911/
                        Whatever happened to journalistic objectivity?
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                        X