Asylum seeker arrives dressed as an Australian Cricketer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum seeker arrives dressed as an Australian Cricketer

Apparently he is a fast bowler, the guy in yellow pyjamas, he looks a bit short to be a fast bowler.

A man dressed as an Australian cricket player is among the 60 asylum seekers that have arrived on Christmas Island.

The group were rescued off Java on Thursday when the boat they were on got into trouble in the Indonesian search and rescue zone.

Australia asked Jakarta to transfer the asylum seekers to Indonesia, but the ABC understands that request was refused.

The group has now arrived on Christmas Island, with footage showing mostly men, including one man dressed in a yellow Australian cricket uniform who identified himself as a fast bowler.

Any comment from me would be superfluous, except his arrival is perfectly timed - the cricket season is just starting.

Unfortunately no asylum seekers who arrive by boat are currently being settled in Australia.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Weren't the boats a major issue in this past election?

Comment

yes, border protection
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Why do bowlers need to be tall?
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Not entirely sure what bowlers do though. Think they throw the ball.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Cricket is way cooler than baseball so not trying to be degogatory here.

Comment

To get the right angle to make the cricket ball lift at pace and move off the wicket fast bowlers are usually tall. They don't have to be, but usually are.

If you watch carefully you can see the ball deviate off the pitch and in the air. That is why the batsman misses and gets out.
              Last edited by Alexander's Horse; November 10, 2013, 06:16.

Comment

It seems you need pretty hair more than length to be a good bowler.

Comment

Yes they are show pony's the fast bowlers, they also break down, like race horses, temperamental, fast bowling is bad for the back

One of my favorite compilations

Last edited by Alexander's Horse; November 10, 2013, 06:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                    Cricket is way cooler than baseball so not trying to be degogatory here.
                    Jock itch is way cooler than baseball so you were totally derogatory there. Damning with faint praise, and all that.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                    X