Android Contact Management Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Contact Management Apps

Hey guys, my GF just got an android phone, a Motorola D3.

The built-in contact mangement system is appalling at best , and I wanted to know what those of you who have android phones use/recommend.

The main issue is that, this being her first smartphone, she copied all her contacts to the sim card to move them over, and then tried to move them to the phone. Rather than being moved, the contacts got copied. Now, in addition to two copies of every contact (more if said contact had more than one phone number), she has the huge list of email addresses from her gmail account. The ideal thing would be to move them all to her gmail account, and merge duplicates. So far I have managed to do so by copying everything from the phone to the gmail address, and hiding contacts not in there, but when she wants to search for something in the address book, everything is shown, and it's a huge mess.
    Indifference is Bliss

Is this one of those spambot threads MikeH asked us not to reply to?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Hmmmmmmaybe?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Have the phone flashed and ask how to start over. The longer you wait the worse it will be.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

contacts.google.com
          You can edit everything there first and sync to the phone later.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
            contacts.google.com
            You can edit everything there first and sync to the phone later.
            Yeah, that's what I did, but I didn't find a way to erase phone and sim card contacts.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
            X