Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea Party leader wants to sue homosexuality

By Sarah Rae Fruchtnicht, Fri, October 18, 2013

Tea Party Unity founder Rick Scarborough says that he thinks there ought to be a class action lawsuit against homosexuality, comparing it to holding cigarette makers accountable because their products cause cancer.

During a Tea Party Unity event on Thursday, Peter LaBarbera, the president of the anti-gay group Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, suggested that media should begin telling the stories of people who left the gay lifestyle are happy instead of embracing “the pro-gay thing.”

“We need to work on our conservative, alternate media and say, ‘Look, don’t do the pro-gay thing, why don’t you rather step out and support these ex-gays?’” LaBarbera said. “We should encourage Fox News to tell their stories. Fox is now telling the stories of black conservatives because the other media is not doing that, we should all get on Fox and say, ‘Come on, tell these stories, these wonderful stories of happy men and women who have left the homosexual lifestyle.’”

Scarborough said there’s much more they can do to stop the pro-gay agenda.

“Peter, the whole issue of a class action lawsuit, you and I have talked about this a little bit,” Scarborough said. “I just wonder if you’ve explored that, talked to anyone about it.”

“Even the Center for Disease Control verifies that homosexuality much more likely leads to AIDS than smoking leads to cancer,” the former Baptist pastor continued. “And yet the entire nation has rejected smoking, billions of dollars are put into a trust fund to help cancer victims and the tobacco industry was held accountable for that.”

“Yeah, I think that’s great,” LaBarbera said of the lawsuit. “I would love to see it. We always wanted to see one of the kid [sic] in high school who was counseled by the official school counselor to ‘just be gay,’ then he comes down with HIV. But we never really got the client for that.”

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that gays, bisexuals and other men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 63 percent of the new HIV infections in the U.S. in 2010. CDC data on tobacco say smoking accounts for 90 percent of all lung cancer deaths in men in the U.S. and 80 percent of all lung cancer deaths in women in a given year.

“Smoking causes coronary heart disease, the leading cause of death in the United States,” the CDC says.

MSM accounted for 11,400 new HIV infections in 2010, while smoking accounts for 440,000 deaths in the U.S. each year.

“More deaths are caused each year by tobacco use than by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, suicides, and murders combined,” the CDC says.

And I thought these mopes were only concerned with economic issues.

C'mon moderates. When are you going to grow a spine and deal with these morons?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Wow.

The GOP is reaping what it sowed, apparently.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

See how she talks about the "conservative alternate media"? This is the famous right wing bubble where they hide from the world and this is why they end up so completely misinformed and just plain wrong on so many factual things. They really do feel if they just hide from reality and bury their collective head in the sand that some how reality won't matter any more but instead all you end up with are people who aren't exposed to anything but propaganda and who are just factually wrong on issue after issue.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
        And I thought these mopes were only concerned with economic issues.
        Nobody ever seriously believed that.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

“We need to work on our conservative, alternate media and say, ‘Look, don’t do the pro-gay thing, why don’t you rather step out and support these ex-gays?’” LaBarbera said. “We should encourage Fox News to tell their stories. Fox is now telling the stories of black conservatives because the other media is not doing that, we should all get on Fox and say, ‘Come on, tell these stories, these wonderful stories of happy men and women who have left the homosexual lifestyle.’”
          this says it all

1. the stories of black conservatives are being championed by conservatives because they dont want to be seen as racist or hating black people. But if what you come up with is Herman Cain...I just...I mean...come on!

2. Ex gay stories are trumpeted by the liberal media (The Stranger for example )when ex gay founders close down their operation and when ex gays "revert" to gayness. Its quite the thing actually.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Wait.

Labarbera

Sweet three-toed sloth of the ice planet Hoth!

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
              C'mon moderates. When are you going to grow a spine and deal with these morons?
              Probably they will, as soon as they learn of their existence. The TP appears to be a sort of catch-all group for angry right-wing reactionaries. It includes a few people (Ron Paul types) who genuinely want to comprehensively gut the government, and a whole bunch of other people who think that sounds okay but are generally more interested in some other stereotypically right-wing cause, e.g. abortion, immigrants, gays, evil terrorist Muslims, affirmative action, our Kenyan Muslim president and his fake birth certificate, drugs, school prayer, creationism, gay evil terrorist Muslims who are probably also communists, and various skeezy tax breaks for various not-really-deserving groups. And there's probably some other issues I forgot or didn't know about. I assume there's a Tea Party Caucus Against The Reptilian Shapeshifters somewhere out there. A few of them probably just have a fetish for dressing up like colonial statesmen.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                Nobody ever seriously believed that.
                They certainly constantly claim that to be the case. I agree that any person with eyes can see that's not true but it doesn't stop them from constantly making the claim.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                X