but government is the problem, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but government is the problem, right?

I expect right wingers to ignore this. But please, keep saying how Obamacare is the devil.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

but government is the problem, right?
    Yes. The government, and the people that elect them.
    I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Comment

This is enough to make me pro-gun. Unfortunately, nobody is man enough to deal with the problem.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain ******* Kirk View Post
        Yes. The government, and the people that elect them.
        Agree.

But cutting entitlements isn't the answer... unless you want breadlines.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't think means testing Medicare so we're not giving free healthcare to wealthy seniors who don't need the help is going to lead to breadlines. That's just one of many sensible entitlement reforms we could undertake that could actually reduce wealth inequality if implemented in an intelligent fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain ******* Kirk View Post
            I don't think means testing Medicare so we're not giving free healthcare to wealthy seniors who don't need the help is going to lead to breadlines. That's just one of many sensible entitlement reforms we could undertake that could actually reduce wealth inequality if implemented in an intelligent fashion.
            But how many people is that? Wealthy seniors? How much is wealthy? Could you even fill a stadium with them?

Seems like a very small drop in a very large bucket.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It really depends on how you choose to define "wealthy". If we're going to take cues from that dumb video you posted, at least 20% of seniors could be defined as "wealthy" and therefore not eligible to receive free healthcare under Medicare.

Comment

You are the problem. You know that right? The people that suck that allow this **** to happen, you are one of them.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

90% of people are either lazy or stupid. That's why there is wealth inequality. The other option is to reduce the incentives to not being lazy or stupid. And while stupidity is incurable, laziness is not.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    You are the problem. You know that right? The people that suck that allow this **** to happen, you are one of them.
                    I provided you with a reasonable idea that would help strengthen the federal government's finances and reduce the wealth inequality that you bemoaned in the opening paragraph. If I'm the problem, what the **** are you?

Comment

A moron.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

He's a somewhat lovable moron, though.

Comment

You have to work your ass off to support your lifestyle. I don't.

WHO'S THE ****ING MORON NOW *****
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

For those who are interested, Wikipedia has a much more thorough description of the phenomenon described in the OP video.

Power law

Comment

weak
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X