No announcement yet.

Washington Redskins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real question is when liberals will get over their butthurtedness when the name doesn't change.

Comment

The elephant in the room, obviously, is that American Indians are worth demeaning. They are crooks and poor managers. Personally, I think the term Redskins isn't offensive enough.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Nobody important cares about your stupid manufactured controversy, least of all the Redskins owner who has a 100% stake and for non-financial reasons wants to keep the name.
        Which of the three owners has a 100% stake?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The real question is when liberals will get over their butthurtedness when the name doesn't change.
          When will you get over being trolled?

Comment

So when do we start discussing the Atlanta Braves and the movement to change their name again?
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Are the Chicago Bears homophobic? I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                So when do we start discussing the Atlanta Braves and the movement to change their name again?
                When you start using Brave as a slur to denigrate native americans. If you can't make a distinction between redskin and brave lord help us.
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

There are actually people on this board who think they should change their name? Seriously? I thought that was a position so ridiculous as to be its own parody.

My statement about jumping down a well stands. Nobody important cares about your stupid manufactured controversy, least of all the Redskins owner who has a 100% stake and for non-financial reasons wants to keep the name.

Can liberals please stop doing this thing where they get together and say "hey what's the next dumb thing we should get offended about and make mountains out of molehills over?"
                  When you stop throwing tantrums about liberals maybe they'll stop doing things to entertain themselves.
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    Are the Chicago Bears homophobic? I think so.

already used my thanks today
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Some people think "Texan" is an insult, so could the Houston Texans please change their name?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                        Some people think "Texan" is an insult, so could the Houston Texans please change their name?
                        Yeah, but only non-Texans would be offended if someone called them a Texan.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                          When you start using Brave as a slur to denigrate native americans. If you can't make a distinction between redskin and brave lord help us.
                          I can...I was merely pointing out that there was a similar movement several years ago that did state that "braves" was a racially offensive term.

I am a bit confused as to what made you think I couldn't tell the difference, but I guess you were just assuming someone was trying to be offensive???
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

i meant that in the royal you, not the personal you. And even so braves might be offensive but its certainly not a recognized slur among most if not many native americans. It might be appropriating something but thats a whole nother can of worms and one where I really don't have much sympathy for the appropriated party.

Comment

Jees! I just wanted us to have fun coming up with funny names.

Comment

Fun? We can't be havin' with that, Doc.

For the record, (1) if it was my team, changing the name would have been about the first thing I did when acquiring the franchise, and (2) I don't give a hairy rat's ass what Daniel Snyder does.

This comes up every year, and no part of the discussion has changed. And it's all moot anyway. Ultimately, the only entity that can force a change is the NFL, and the league has smartly steered clear as much as possible.

Also for the record: Thinskins FTW.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X