Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSA spy center going up in flames?

Karma?

Technical glitches have sparked fiery explosions within the NSA's newest and largest data storage facility in Utah, destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment, and delaying the facility's opening by one year.
    Technical glitches have sparked fiery explosions within the NSA’s newest and largest data storage facility in Utah, destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment, and delaying the facility’s opening by one year.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Apparently it has done so repeatedly, so, yes.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Only a slight delay in the Minitrue's deployment.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

[savamode] THANKS OBAMA! [/savamode]
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

How do you **** up building a server farm?
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

BTW, I think I'm gonna get a job interview from the NSA. Not sure yet. But the dudes at the recruiting booth were seriously creepy. Not in a "I'm a spy" way, more in a "I'm a socially awkward guy with aspergers" way. Also, the commute would suck. So even if I get an offer I don't think I'd take it. But they seemed pretty excited about the idea of hiring me as an intern.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              BTW, I think I'm gonna get a job interview from the NSA. Not sure yet. But the dudes at the recruiting booth were seriously creepy. Not in a "I'm a spy" way, more in a "I'm a socially awkward guy with aspergers" way. Also, the commute would suck. So even if I get an offer I don't think I'd take it. But they seemed pretty excited about the idea of hiring me as an intern.
              Great...Thanks HC. Now all Apolyton posts are gonna be reviewed.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

How do you **** up building a server farm?
                  I don't understand the nature of your comment.

You do know how complex modern server farms are, right?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

??

1) Plant server seeds
                    2) Water
                    3) Wait for server to grow to maturity, pruning and weeding as needed.
                    4) Profit.

Seems simple enough.
                    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

It was probably something to do with the telepathy/mindreading devices. If you've ever watched a movie about powerful empaths ... you know how volatile their abilities are.

Comment

They don't pay as well as private sector for technical jobs.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          I don't understand the nature of your comment.

You do know how complex modern server farms are, right?
                          Facebook has open sourced their design.......
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                          X