Can you read people's emotions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you read people's emotions?

The “Reading the Mind in the Eyes Test” measures a person’s ability to understand others’ emotional states.

I got 30/36. Funnily enough, the ones I got wrong were all women.

The average score for this test is in the range of 22 to 30 correct responses. If you scored above 30, you may be quite good at understanding someone’s mental state based on facial cues. If you scored below 22, you may find it difficult to understand a person’s mental state based on their appearance.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

How did they obtain these pictures? Ask people to "look x" and then take a picture of it? Take pictures of people and then ask them how they feel at the moment? Or did they just find pictures of people and then make a guess about how the people in those pictures felt?

Comment

29/36; 5 of the 7 I got wrong were women.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

28/36. Half of my incorrect choices were women. I'm not sure this is a very good test, however.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          28/36. Half of my incorrect choices were women.
          Ditto.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            28/36. Half of my incorrect choices were women. I'm not sure this is a very good test, however.
            I don't doubt that it correlates in some way with a constellation of abilities and disorders. I also don't doubt that it is not the whole story. I'd be interested in seeing those figures. Psychometric tests in the absence of information on their discriminatory ability are generally meaningless.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
              I don't doubt that it correlates in some way with a constellation of abilities and disorders. I also don't doubt that it is not the whole story. I'd be interested in seeing those figures. Psychometric tests in the absence of information on their discriminatory ability are generally meaningless.
              My problem with the test is that I used factors other than the person's face, such as camera angle, to make my (correct) choices.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

27/36, 5 men, 4 women. I struggled with the darker images. Does that make me a racist?!
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

That's not what makes you a racist.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

34/36. I got "Nervous" and "Defiant" wrong. Some of the ones I got right I was straight-up guessing on so some fraction of this is probably luck.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                        That's not what makes you a racist.
                        If can't be because I hate black people. I only hate asians.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

0/36 ...

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            0/36 ...
                            What are you so happy about?

Comment

All the people were fantasizing about me

Comment

Working...
                              X