The Comeback Trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Comeback Trail

Not that this really matters to you guys....

As many of you are aware, I am in the mortgage business. Since March of 2008 when I was part of a massive layoff by one of the major banks, times have been tough. I have been laid off three different times since then due to companies just plain shutting down. I lost all my savings, my house, and my pride. The mortgage melt down hit very hard. Since the last layoff I have been working with some friends doing mortgage compliance work and "adjusting" to my new lifestyle. I miss the good old days.

Today, I finally got an offer worth the wait. The company is mid-size...nothing special or big, but the job is a good one. I will now be an executive VP in charge of all secondary marketing activities. Nice low six figure offer. Good positioning to be ready when the big guys get their act together and true secondary mortgage markets return. Bad part is that I have to re locate...again. At least I am a renter now so that isn't the huge deal it would be if I had to sell a house.

Not sure if this is any kind of indicator on the mortgage business or the economy, but it is nice to be back in the game at any level.

Might actually be able to take a real vacation next year.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Good to hear, Plato.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Glad to hear things are working out. Work hard, take smart chances, and you'll be fine.

Cue chumba-wumba...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

PLATO
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I am particularly interested in your opinion of where secondary markets are heading KH
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

good to hear plato
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Good to hear, Plato.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Thanks guys!

Just got the offer letter. Now to the house hunt...ugh.

Comment

Yeah, congrats. I know many with similar experiences that haven't ever made the comeback.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                    I am particularly interested in your opinion of where secondary markets are heading KH
                    Can't discuss it
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Glad things are looking up for you PLATO!

Good luck in your new job.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Congrats, man.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Good news
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            Can't discuss it
                            You can tell me, right?

Oh, and grats PLATO!
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                              Can't discuss it
                              Understand how that is.

I haven't had anything I can't discuss in so long it isn't even funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X