No announcement yet.

A cool steam train revival in Wales.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are able to post to the internet due to work done by steam engines. Steam (not the intrusive game platform though ... )

Comment

Steam (the game platform) hate is so 2004
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Steam (the steam locamotive) hate is so 1904

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          Steam (the game platform) hate is so 2004
          Few years back I had to take a dumb as **** "first year enrichment" course as a freshman and uggghh the topic was "innovation" and one kid did his talk on "steam" is an "innovative platform for delivery of games" jesus christ, he was fat and was wearing a minecraft t-shirt too.

Wasn't enough to make me hate steam though.

Apolyton's advertising system is highlighting minecraft t-shirt. I hope the shirt is delivered soaked in VX toxin.

Comment

Why? Minecraft is fun.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Nothing against people who play minecraft. People who wear minecraft branded clothing and minecraft scarves and oh christ. Sorry, my school has a game design major and all of the people in that program are insufferable.

Comment

Ages ago, I was enrolled in a game design program.

I agree with you.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                  I'm pretty certain the first steam railroad trains to run regular routes were in the US.
                  You're "pretty certain"...

Amusingly, despite the supposed dominance of trains in Europe, the United States hauls a greater proportion of freight by rail than Europe does. However, we transport more passengers by road and air. Which makes way more sense, since passengers are light and need to get places fast and freight is heavy and doesn't care (much) how long it takes to get there. So moving passengers by rail is pretty much just ass-backwards.
                  Given you're flat out wrong with your first statement, I'm "pretty certain" everything else is flat out wrong too. In fact all the stuff you wrote about moving passengers by rail is egregiously wrong!
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

he is trolling, dude. nobody is that pretentious and uneducated at the same time.
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

nobody?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                          You're "pretty certain"...

Given you're flat out wrong with your first statement, I'm "pretty certain" everything else is flat out wrong too. In fact all the stuff you wrote about moving passengers by rail is egregiously wrong!
                          American freight rail actually is top of the bill and European is rather the opposite. In the old continent the state incumbents have been pretty effective at blocking competition from start-ups, as they typically own the tracks. Different rules and standards across national borders have also been stiffling rail freight. Road freight doesn't have to change drivers and trucks at border crossings.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Thanks. That's the bit I wasn't sure about, but given how the rest of reg's post was so completely wrong... I guess it's down to the fact that nobody actually travels on trains in the US, thus leaving the way clear for freight over long distances, which actually makes loads of sense!

Rail freight is making a big comeback (relatively) in the UK in recent years. In Wales the railways are used extensively in this capacity (steel, timber, coal exports etc) and there are a number of lines that aren't open to the public expressly serving those industries.
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              I'm pretty certain the first steam railroad trains to run regular routes were in the US.
                              No, they were in the UK.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Didn't you ever play Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon?
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X