The alternative to Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The alternative to Obama

Apparently, Obama's handling of the Syrian situation is some sort of massive joke for FOXNews viewers. The situation itself is horrible. There isn't any course of action that seems like it would bring about a positive result. Republicans certainly aren't offering any helpful proposals. While the situation is dire, imagine how much worse it would be if they were in power.

This is the alternative to Obama:

Representatives Steve King, Michelle Bachmann, and Louis Gohmert...

volume might be low

Americans have a clear choice, politically. We have "meh" in Obama. Or... this.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

None of them could have won the Republican primary and made themselves an actual alternative to Obama.

Comment

This. The alternative was Romney.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        None of them could have won the Republican primary and made themselves an actual alternative to Obama.
        Thank Crom for that. But there's no denying that their views would be a much bigger part of the policy landscape.

WTF were they doing? Did they go to Egypt just to make sure that ridicule and hatred for America hadn't dwindled?
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
          The alternative was Romney.

Was. Past tense.

Is. Present tense.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There is no alternative to Obama, present tense.

Comment

There is no present case alternative. The executive takes the lead on matters of foreign affairs and diplomatic initiatives. The legislative only gets consent and advise roles.

edit -xpost grib

post edit - I suppose the alternative could be considered Joe Biden as he was selected for VP on the strength of his foreign policy credentials. *snicker* WAHAAA HAAAA!

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

*snicker* WAHAAA HAAAA!
                Biden was on the Foreign Relations committee for over 10 years and chaired it for at least 4.

So... uhm... yeah.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  There is no alternative to Obama, present tense.
                  I sort of half-want this to be true. Sadly, there is an alternative to Obama... and it's God-awful.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Biden was on the Foreign Relations committee for over 10 years and chaired it for at least 4.

So... uhm... yeah.
                    Please stop you're killing me.

Comment

Pleease stop you're killing me.
                      What is your idea of someone with "foreign policy credentials"?

This is an excellent opportunity for you to engage in some self-examination. Instead of repeating the things you hear on FOXNews, you can try to explain them to someone... just to... you know... compare them to reality.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No you explain to me how the man who can't string two sentences togther without creating what for anyone else would be a career ending social gaffe would be a better person to tread lightly and not stumble into "red line" proclamations.

Visions of Leslie Nielson and lobster dinner with the Queen mother would be tamer than a Biden diplomacy effort.

Comment

"red line" proclamations.
                          So the US should not be a signatory of the Geneva Conventions?

I'm trying hard to understand your point... if you have one.

And speaking of the US response to the use of chemical weapons... uhmm... were you asleep during the Bush administration?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

social gaffe
                            This also applies to the question about whether you were awake at all during the Bush years.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Visions of Leslie Nielson and lobster dinner with the Queen mother would be tamer than a Biden diplomacy effort.
                              No that would be Bush Jr. One of your lot.

Edit: x post
                              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                              X