Tokyo Celebrates Win to Host 2020 Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Celebrates Win to Host 2020 Olympics

They intend to try and pass off recent...oddities as their host specialty.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

The Spanish bid wasn't really creditable as they are broke and couldn't afford to build the facilities, the Turkish bid was creditable but the government hasn't been very nice to protesters recently making that country less popular plus its still mostly a 3rd world country, so that really only left Japan as a safe reliable 1st world contender with the money to do what the said they'd do. In retrospect this seems like an easy call.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I like it when a nuclear plant going ass-up is what is considered safe around here
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

This is going to be the best Olympics ever! Finally the world will get the see the real Japan.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yeah, the sick and twisted Japan filled with tentacle rape!
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner
            The Spanish bid wasn't really creditable as they are broke and couldn't afford to build the facilities, the Turkish bid was creditable but the government hasn't been very nice to protesters recently making that country less popular plus its still mostly a 3rd world country, so that really only left Japan as a safe reliable 1st world contender with the money to do what the said they'd do. In retrospect this seems like an easy call.
            The Japanese are broke too. As for the Turks, nobody loses points for punishing protestors like the Chinese.

Comment

Everyone has their calling. This mutant fish could double as the official mascot.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                The Japanese are broke too. As for the Turks, nobody loses points for punishing protestors like the Chinese.
                China was too big too ignore, like the Soviet Union, so they got it in spite of how terrible they are.

Comment

the olympics blows
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The Olympics goes to whichever country can provide the OSC the most Asian whores. Congrats to Turkey for its strong second!
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Asian whores
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Watch out or they'll try to marry you for a green card.

Comment

I recall reading an article about how the Olympics, as an event, is responsible for the largest amount of sex trafficking in the world... even larger than the Super Bowl.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                          X