More guns for Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More guns for Texas

Bought two new Maverick88 shotguns today. 12 GA and a 20 GA.
    I've got a total of four shotguns now.
    Dove hunting next weekend.

Why do you need 4?

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

There are a lot of different types. 20 ga and 12 ga are different calibers. 20 ga is smaller, with less recoil and in my opinion is more fun to shoot with almost the same performance as 12 gauge. In youth models it's suitable for children and small women, again due to lower recoil. Moreover there are pump-action, over/under, single shot break-open, and automatics to choose from in terms of the action. For most target clay shooting over/under and automatics are most popular but for other applications pump actions are popular due to reliability, inexpensiveness, and higher magazine capacity. I use a pump-action Remington 870 for clays, which is a serious handicap as racking the slide messes up my aim, but I like shooting it so I live with it.

The Mossberg Maverick is a low-price hunting shotgun, so he probably got one for himself and one for his son.

Comment

Because I can't edit the post, I would guess his other two shotguns are for home defense and skeet. You wouldn't necessarily want to bring a really good skeet gun hunting because they tend to wear out fast in the field because of exposure to the elements, and the home defense gun wouldn't have a long enough barrel or an appropriate choke.

Comment

Also in case it's down to you and three other people versus a horde of zombies.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Why do you need 4?

ACK!
            one for me, the wife, the two boys.
            Taking them on a hunting trip for doves.

Comment

The Mossberg Maverick is a low-price hunting shotgun, so he probably got one for himself and one for his son.

Comment

OH MY GOD OBAMA IS GUNNA MAKE A PUBLIC GUN REGISTRY SO ALL OUR GUNS ARE PUBLIC

THATS ALMOST AS BAD AS IF I TELL EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET WHAT GUNS I HAVE

OMG
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Nah it's all good, he could lose them all in a, ahem, tragic boating accident between now and when the men in the black helicopters show up to take them.

Comment

That's just one thing I don't get about the whole gun culture. Oh my god obama is gonna take our guns!

But then there are guns now that record your shots and make it possible for you to share the videos on facebook.

It's one thing for there to be a supersecret govermint conspiracy. It's another to just do all their spy work for them.

Talk about low hanging fruit.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You mean gopro cameras or whatever?

The point is, even with people who do document what guns they have, gun confiscation from legal owners in general is unworkable without registration. With registration, it becomes possible and in fact has been accomplished in other countries on a number of occasions.

Comment

If the government is so incompetent as not to be trusted to provide health care to the people, why would you think a massive gun confiscation program would work?

I mean, Obama can't do anything right!

But ****, he'll be REALLY REALLY good at stealing our guns!
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm not saying it would work. Plenty of guns would remain in the hands of criminals.

Comment

The only people that have guns now are either criminals or mentally ill.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X