No announcement yet.

We've been taking a crap wrong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, now i've got to try one on my next trip to China.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      What if I don't want to crap like a Vietnamese peasant? Sitting down was good enough for the Romans so it is good enough for me.

Now, I've used my share of Asian squat-****ters but I find them to be primitive and rather unhygienic especially since it's hard to aim with them, there is seldom toilet paper in them, and you're expected to use a **** covered hose which unknown hundreds of other people have used before you. There is a reason why, even in the worst parts of Asia, all the expensive high class hotels offer nice, comfortable western style toilets and even the locals know they are superior and happily use them when they are available. Of course that doesn't prevent village peasants from attempting to squat on top of a western toilet seat like they would a primitive Asian squat toilet but most of those people fall down and hit their heads when the seat (over the bowl) moves. That will teach them to bring their peasant ways to civilized bathrooms.
      This happened when I had Iraqi Coast Guard exchange personnel back in 2003. They were not only squating on a toilet not designed for it, but add in a rocking ship and a near waterless vacuum waste system and hilarity ensued.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Supposedly, Harvard has the same problem with their Chinese students.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Now, I've used my share of Asian squat-****ters but I find them to be primitive and rather unhygienic especially since it's hard to aim with them, there is seldom toilet paper in them
          This and Patroklos' post are making me wonder what would happen if a ship ran out of toilet paper. Like suppose the kitchens ****ed up or something and everyone got the runs?

I dunno why but I just thought of that.

Comment

why do they call it "taking a crap" when you don't take it anywhere?
            you leave it!
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
              why do they call it "taking a crap" when you don't take it anywhere?
              you leave it!
              no kidding
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                This and Patroklos' post are making me wonder what would happen if a ship ran out of toilet paper. Like suppose the kitchens ****ed up or something and everyone got the runs?

I dunno why but I just thought of that.

Ancient toilet paper from the Nara period. The wooden sticks were found in small streams ca. 10-15 cm wide and designed to be squatted over, and are believed to be used for cleaning after the use of the toilet streams. The modern toilet paper rolls are for size comparison. Photo taken by Chris 73 in February 2004 in an exhibition hall in Nara.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Who knew shit like this could be interesting.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    Serious answer: it has been the design since at least roman times, I would think to help prevent accidents, like having a foot slip in.

No. It's so that you can look cool in public.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Last edited by The Mad Monk; August 24, 2013, 10:40.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                      X