Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trawsfynydd Power Station: built in 6 years, run for 26 years, will finish decommissioning in 70 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumping nuclear waste in really deep parts of the ocean in big concrete blocks is a totally suitable method of disposal afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      Dumping nuclear waste in really deep parts of the ocean in big concrete blocks is a totally suitable method of disposal afaik.
      The "Marian Trench Storage Facility"? Hmmmm.....
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Uranium is heavy. It sinks. You drop a brick of it off of a boat and it's not going anywhere but down. The ocean is a big place. Find a spot in the middle and just drop it there. Maybe we get some glowy fish somewhere nobody ever goes, but probably not.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Lead is heavy too, as is mercury.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

And if you dropped a brick of lead off a boat in the middle of the ocean, it wouldn't hurt anyone either. Mercury might hurt something, I dunno how reactive it is. I also don't know how reactive uranium is, worst case you might have to put it in some sort of container.

Comment

The ocean will disperse anything. We should dump excess oil in there too.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                The "Marian Trench Storage Facility"? Hmmmm.....
                No way, that just gives the Decepticons another weapon when they go there to retrieve Megatron.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The deep parts of the ocean are trenches which are typically subduction zones. If you dumped shipping containers filled with concrete and nuclear waste in the Marianas Trench they would be slowly subducted under the crust.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    The deep parts of the ocean are trenches which are typically subduction zones. If you dumped shipping containers filled with concrete and nuclear waste in the Marianas Trench they would be slowly subducted under the crust.
                    Problem solved.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I love you guys. You are one big giant facepalm.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Trawsfynydd
                        11 letters... and only one is a vowel.

**** Wales.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Y is sometimes a vowel.

Comment

no
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Does it really need two d's?

Comment

"traws fi ni duh duh"

thats how i pronounce that shit
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X