I got questions about disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just skip the nail polish that day.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

well I stopped taking the Rx Prilosec, I'm dizzy or its vertigo. I had this problem occasionally when I was drinking too much alcohol but I stopped drinking heavily on the golf course maybe 4 months ago

so I got me some Mylanta

Jesus, I'm afraid the valve below the esophagus is leaking from all the abuse I've dished out to my body over the last 3-4 decades.

I'm also on Timolol for suspected Glaucoma, I cant imagine thats good for my head either but I've been on that stuff for close to 5 years

Comment

Unless Timolol is some new super strain of chronic, you're taking the wrong remedy for your glaucoma. I recommend Jack the Ripper, Vancouver Blueberry, or Maui Waui.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

cant, my doc says smoking relaxes the valve keeping those stomach acids from refluxing

but my eye did say the stuff does help with glaucoma

Comment

If your eye said that, you might want to back off some of your other meds.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Use a coffee grinder to pulverize the herb. Add about a quart of water to a large sauce pan, float a smaller sauce pan inside the larger one with butter and pulverized herb. Let the herb/butter mixture simmer for as long as you like (an hour works fine, some people go longer), while making sure that the water in the large sauce pan is replenished. Then you can strain the vegetable matter out of the butter, and add the enhanced butter to whatever recipes you like (traditionally brownies, but you can use it for anything). Boom, without inhaling smoke you are safely and effectively lowering your interocular pressure.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                If your eye said that, you might want to back off some of your other meds.

my eye speaks to me, says it likes the chronic

I meant my eye doc

you know you're getting old when you have multiple docs

Comment

jesus, a local sleep/pulmonary place wants $800 to use a take home test

Comment

Really? Mine cost $50 or so.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

must be different machines/tests, I'll shop around

Comment

meeting next week with a dentist, take home test is $200 and might solve the problem with a mouthpiece designed to move the lower jaw forward a bit

Comment

I've heard of those... after I spent $2K on a really good CPAP machine.

I'd be curious to know what it'll cost you for the device.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'll let you know, probably 2-4 hundred I'd bet

did some research and apparently they dont help if the blockage is in the nose, and you gotta keep your mouth closed or the mouthpiece could get displaced allowing the lower jaw to move backward. I'm doing this mainly for the home test, if I test positive for apnea I might just take the results to somebody who can prescribe the cpap machine. I'll see what he wants for the mouthpiece.

Comment

i would rather suffer then wear that nonsense
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you wouldn't have to suffer long, apnea shortens life

Comment

Working...
                                X