Shockwave Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockwave Flash

Is it just me, or did it turn into an unstable POS the past year or 2?
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

I blame the RIAA.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I don't know that I've heard the Shockwave name in years...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
        Is it just me, or did it turn into an unstable POS the past year or 2?
        Is your facebook game crashing too much lately?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
          I don't know that I've heard the Shockwave name in years...
          Are you on the internet?
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Flash is Adobe Flash, or Macromedia Flash. Shockwave is an entirely different thing, and not something I at least have any use for.

Comment

It's not just you. I've found it to be quite unstable.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                Flash is Adobe Flash, or Macromedia Flash. Shockwave is an entirely different thing, and not something I at least have any use for.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	9095894

Click image for larger version

Name:	shockwave-flash-ss.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	9095895

Now, before you answer, realise it doesn't interest me.

Comment

My Facebook games crash all of their own accord. They don't need to rely on Shockwave to crash to accomplish that!

Comment

I'd like to apologise snoopy, had another flashcrash and it actually said "Adobe Flash plugin".

Comment

In my experience things with "flash" in their name have definately become worse as of late.
                      Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                        I'd like to apologise snoopy, had another flashcrash and it actually said "Adobe Flash plugin".

A flashcrash may happen when many of your programs decide to converge on one area of memory at the same time...
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

No problem, you're just a victim of Macromedia's attempted "Shockwaveization" a while back when they threw the "Shockwave" brand on every product. Adobe realized how idiotic this was and retracted it a few years ago. ("Shockwave player" diverged from mainstream "Flash" maybe 10 years ago, but ".swf" maintains the theoretical connection.)

Comment

Working...
                          X