windows 8 advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 8 advice

just purchased a laptop with windows 8. Does anyone know why is it that when you have and adobe file up in the corner the computer switches to the desktop seemingly without being prompted and vice versa? Really annoying please help?
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Sorry. I can't help.

Originally posted by Pax View Post
    windows 8
    There's your problem.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Pax View Post
      just purchased a laptop with windows 8.
      My condolences. My mom bought a new desktop a few months ago, and for a minute there we were scared that it had 8 on even after my brother and I warned her like eight times, "you don't need any particular features for your needs, just get a basic model that DOESN'T USE WINDOWS 8."

Thankfully, it turned out to be a model that came with 8 but had it removed and 7 installed in its place. Perhaps you could do that? The great thing about 7 is that it's likely to be supported for the next decade, what with 8 being such a dog. You'll need a new computer long before you'll need a new OS.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Are you talking about (from something I saw on another website):

On Windows 8, when you open a PDF document, your Desktop switches to a Metro sytle app called Windows Reader
        I think you can avoid it by opening the PDF within Adobe Reader program itself. I have Win8, but never had this issue (and have been dealing with a number of PDF files - esp in the last few weeks).

And don't worry about all the blather of Win8. It's a bit of a learning curve, but totally worth it after that.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Get Classic Shell, makes Windows 8 bearable.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I like the new look. I'll try Imrans' advice.
            What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
            What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

I'm sorry. Classic Shell still give you the Apps page. Just the desktop mode is similar to Win 7 and earlier.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

My Win 8 advice is to not buy it.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

win8 sucks for non phone/tablet. Advice: downgrade

Comment

Working...
                  X