Make a game recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make a game recommendation

Recently, I've been wanting to a play a tactical squad level turn based game. Right now, I'm thinking about Shadowrun Returns, Xcom-Enemy Unknown, A Jagged Alliance game or Xenonauts. Can anyone make any recommendations. I would like to play this game over the weekend so it has to be available to download. Also, The only experience I've had with this type of game is star trek away team once.
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Xcom is the only one of those I've played. It's fun and well-polished. I would recommend it.

Though, I haven't played it for a few months when I ragequit one day. I moved my team forward to take on some big monsters. There was a huge group of them out of view that rolled up on me the next turn and killed everyone.

klfh;asfkas;dlkragequit
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Thanx. Anyone else?
      What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
      What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Yup, X-com sounds good to me.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I'm talking about the DOS version though, never played the 21st century one. Doesn't take up a lot of HD space, so for it.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

i'm looking for something relatively new

Comment

That would definitely rule out the original X-Com.

Comment

it's not turn based, but dawn of war 2 is pretty good. i'm not really much of one for RTS, but i am a 40k nerd.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

They are making an xcom fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Pax View Post
                    Recently, I've been wanting to a play a tactical squad level turn based game. Right now, I'm thinking about Shadowrun Returns, Xcom-Enemy Unknown, A Jagged Alliance game or Xenonauts. Can anyone make any recommendations. I would like to play this game over the weekend so it has to be available to download. Also, The only experience I've had with this type of game is star trek away team once.

http://www.matrixgames.com/

I recommend this site.

Comment

X-com is good. Shadowrun Returns is pretty good, but, not a lot of user created content yet. It only has a relatively short main story.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

So I am going with Jagged Alliance Online for now. This is my first free to play game. I have to say that free to play may prove to be the ultimate rip off. First serious mission, I ended up spending a lot of my in game cash on my medkits before I realized that I would be better off buying expensive protective gear than semi expensive disposable medkits. Well that ish costs game cash so after what I make on the missions I still have to spend some real cash if I want to keep my mercs safe.. So I am still on the the fence.

Comment

X-Com - Enemy Unknown. Play it in Classic Ironman mode and be prepared to see a large chunk of time disappear.

Comment

There's a new xcom game coming out by the way, set in the 60s or something. You play as a squad of suit-wearing G-Men. Looks good.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Go with X-Com, dude. You'll be glad you did.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X