Ouch ! Train disaster in spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch ! Train disaster in spain

One of the drivers of a train which derailed in north-western Spain killing at least 80 passengers has been put under investigation, officials say.

One of the drivers of a train which derailed in north-western Spain killing at least 80 passengers has been put under formal investigation, court officials have said.

Speed will be a factor in the inquiry, as a security camera captured the train crashing as it hurtled round a bend.

Dozens of people were hurt, 32 seriously, in the incident near Santiago de Compostela.

Spain will hold three days of mourning over the crash, one of its worst.

The Madrid to Ferrol train's data recording "black box" is now with the judge in charge of the investigation.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

CNN is reporting that the early word is train was traveling to fast for the curve. They also noted a puff of smoke about halfway down the train being suspicious, although I can't really see it on the video. Seems they are ruling out terrorism at this point.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

It certainly looks like a speed issue.

I'd hate to make a definitive comment until Stephen Harper's involvement is fully revealed.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
        CNN is reporting that the early word is train was traveling to fast for the curve. They also noted a puff of smoke about halfway down the train being suspicious, although I can't really see it on the video. Seems they are ruling out terrorism at this point.
        Yeah, it went 190 where 80 was reccomended. About a puff of smoke, I'll guess that a train that get derailed at such speeds could generate lots of puffs of smoke. It would be a very strange coincidence that a bomb was exploding just as the train goes by double speed in a curve.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
          Yeah, it went 190 where 80 was reccomended. About a puff of smoke, I'll guess that a train that get derailed at such speeds could generate lots of puffs of smoke. It would be a very strange coincidence that a bomb was exploding just as the train goes by double speed in a curve.
          I agree. It looks like it was WAY to fast. I couldn't see any "puff" of smoke when I watched it and I think that is CNN just stirring the ratings pot a bit.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            It certainly looks like a speed issue.

I'd hate to make a definitive comment until Stephen Harper's involvement is fully revealed.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              They just made the train go too fast to cover up the controlled demolition of the track.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Looks like an electrical arc as the cars broke contact with the current.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Weird that there's a hill right there. The trains in Spain fail mainly on the plain.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I saw the puff of smoke looking at it from about 12 feet away. Wasn't until I saw it close up that I could see the "puff" was caused by the cars behind the engine jumping off the track first.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      Weird that there's a hill right there. The trains in Spain fail mainly on the plain.
                      Now, once again where was that train?
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        The trains in Spain fail mainly on the plain.
                        if Dr Seuss worked for the Spanish version of the NTSB
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          if Dr Seuss worked for the Spanish version of the NTSB
                          Guess you never saw My Fair Lady...

Comment

Guess you never saw My Fair Lady...
                            Nope. I'm a hetero.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              Nope. I'm a hetero.
                              I understand. I used to date a girl who was a local actress and she made me watch tons of old classics. Not a bad movie but your point is well taken.

Comment

Working...
                              X