Orange is the New Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange is the New Black

Netflix's latest original show. Has anyone watched this yet? Is it any good?

I hadn't heard of it but will check it out.

Weeds was very good when it started and very bad when it finished.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

never heard of it
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm almost through the first episode.

It's entertaining.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Its really really funny. They do a great job of presenting realistic voices to the women but with a bit zazz. Lots of funny relationship me and my wife relate to also.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
            Its really really funny. They do a great job of presenting realistic voices to the women but with a bit zazz. Lots of funny relationship me and my wife relate to also.
            Episode 1 and 2
            Spoiler:
            your wife denies you food for being bad?

Comment

It is absolutely fantastic! Best thing Netflix has done and one of the shows of the year.

Also, Red
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I already cancelled my netflix subscription cause really, I got sick of nothing interesting being on and while their webapp sucks less **** than amazon's, amazon has so much better selection.

Comment

If Amazon has a better selection, then Netflix must really suck.

Looking through Amazon is like opening my fridge when I'm hungry and finding nothing good to eat.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    I already cancelled my netflix subscription cause really, I got sick of nothing interesting being on and while their webapp sucks less **** than amazon's, amazon has so much better selection.
                    cool story bro
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      ...and one of the shows of the year.
                      Can't argue with that.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

So, how many seasons will this get before the writers sink to lesbian shower scenes every three episodes? You know it's going to happen sooner or later.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

And that would be a problem... how?

Comment

fact: real life female prisoners look like meth heads, not models.

This is of course an area where creative license can and should be exercised.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                              So, how many seasons will this get before the writers sink to lesbian shower scenes every three episodes? You know it's going to happen sooner or later.
                              Post by a classmate of mine on facebook:

"Half way though the first episode of "Orange is the new black" this guy tells the lead "You do not have to have lesbian sex." Clearly he doesn't understand how TV works"
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X