22 Maps That Define America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 Maps That Define America

Kind of interesting. Not entirely sure about the accuracy of some of them.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Business Insider is like a bad version of Deadspin or whatnot. Just republishing a bunch of CC stuff (and maybe not even A'ing it properly).

Is "In Plain Sight" really more popular than "Breaking Bad"? I have never heard of the former, but hear a huge amount about the latter (as I don't have cable I watch neither). Ratings-wise apparently it is (5MM vs 3MM viewers per episode), but how accurate are Nielsen ratings anyway?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Tennessee is... "nice but it ain't Texas..."

I also thought the NFL map was pretty cool...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
          Tennessee is... "nice but it ain't Texas..."
          Thank God.

Mountains > Desert

(yes, I know Texas isn't all or even mostly desert. TN isn't all or mostly mountains either. )
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

PLATO > Slowwhand
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's good to know where all the breeding pairs of bald eagles are... very weird that so many of them are in Florida.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Bald eagles will take advantage of carrion (dead and decaying flesh),

Lots of slow moving old people in Florida.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, tell your folks to stay inside then.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I don't think you're allowed to say that until you shoot your age like his dad did...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I don't think he should say it because while he wasn't paying attention, he turned into a slow moving old person.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It does kind of sneak up on you.

Comment

No kidding. I've been coming here for 14 and more years. I could have had something resembling a life. This SUCKS!
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

For once I have to agree with you!
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                            X