No announcement yet.

Whiz wit - A Southerner goes to Philly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al, where would you suggest that he go that's not in the ghetto? We're talking Philadelphia, not Dallas. See thread title. You don't have to be very smart to be a marine, do you? Obviously not.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
      Leaving tomorrow AM for a wedding in Carlisle and then to Philly for a few days R&R.

Suggestions on what to see and do? probably only there for a couple of days.
      Independence Hall
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Go to the ghetto, which sounds like all of philly.
        - watch a drive by shooting
        - meet crack whores
        - meet drug dealers on every corner
        - get bashed bash somebody
        - have a knife stuck into you
        - knife somebody
        - get mugged
        - mug somebody
        - I feel I have only just started on the many and varied activities available in Philly

Hope this helps.

Feel free to thank me for this useful post.

Comment

Hmmm...okay. Just arrived in Carlisle PA for the next two days (wedding is 4PM tomorrow). This seems to be a farming region. My niece wanted an outdoor wedding and there is some famous farm around here that is known for their out door weddings. 750 miles in a day is ridiculous to drive. Will definitely fly if I ever come back. Fortunately, I have a lortab left over from a kidney stone so my back will survive.

Observations from the trip:

VA needs to learn that interstates can have more than two lanes on a side.
          VA drivers need to understand that slow...fast...slow...fast...is not an interstate driving strategy.
          The corner of W.VA we went through is much more developed than I had imagined.
          VA mountains are nearly as pretty as Tennessee's...but not quite.
          MD was so uneventful that I almost missed driving through the state.
          The State Line Exxon in VA seriously needs someone on bathroom cleanup duty.

Off to dinner...
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
            VA drivers need to understand that slow...fast...slow...fast...is not an interstate driving strategy.
            That frequently happens each time there's a MD driver puttering along.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

get chased by a dog 100% WOLF.

Comment

mutter museum. Eat at morimoto's
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross House (its a bit of a walk from the first two but my wife liked the crafts)
                  Philadelphia Museum of Art (If you like art this is a definite "must go")

For fine dining (that's not snobby) I can recommend the Devon Seafood Grill (on Rittenhouse Square)

If you're near Ikea in south philly, Tony Lukes was recommended to me as a better than Pats and Geno's (which will be crazy crowded)
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Franklin Institute

also unsure if you meant it as a clever take on the saying, but it is "Wit Whiz" not "Whiz Wit"
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      get chased by a dog 100% WOLF.
                      They are all too busy chasing Alby

Comment

Working...
                      X