Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange day

I had one.

I had a hair cut and when she was using blow drier, it made this chopper like sound and I felt like the first scene in Apocalypse Now. I was ready to punch the mirror and drown some whiskey on my half naked body.

Then, later today my almost 3 year old daughter was trying to insert a toy car into my 1 year old boy's behind. Not seriously trying, but playing. That didn't last too long once daddy saw it happening.

Last but not least, my childhood friend, a biker gang member saw me at a store and we chatted for a bit. Nice guy, definitely a hardened criminal. Asked me if I was on facebook.

A weird day!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Why were you half naked getting a hair cut?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

hang in there Pekka
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

It's not the kind of hair cut you're thinking. And I rue the day my almost two year old realizes he can put things inside my eleven week old; I figure it can't be more than a few months from now.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Sava, actually that bit went into fantasy land, I was fully clothed. The sound of the blow dried worked like LSD for a while.

The other two bits went down just like I told.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

snoopy, it's gonna happen soon, I'm sorry. It'll be a shock! I shouldn't have told them NOOooO! Now it probably made it just more interesting.

edit: 11 week old? Congrats!!!!
            In da butt.

Comment

Okay. I'm not entirely aware of Finnish grooming customs.

Pekka
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, weren't you from Chicago?
                In da butt.

Comment

Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                    snoopy, it's gonna happen soon, I'm sorry. It'll be a shock! I shouldn't have told them NOOooO! Now it probably made it just more interesting.

edit: 11 week old? Congrats!!!!
                    Thanks... raising two is challenging but rewarding

Comment

I was just thinking that maybe I could do Route 66 on a motorcycle some day... maybe... you never know. It would be a dream. So I figure if there are folks there, if someone would want to meet and do something, I'd really like that.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Chicago is a Poly Hub. Rah, Ming, Sava, HTower, JRabbit, demonbinder, myself are all there, plus a few others whom I forget. There are also quite a few people who aren't that far away (driving distance); Guynemer, TMM, etc. are all within ~8 hours IIRC. If we had another Polycon (hahahaha) it ought to be in Chicago.

Comment

Wow, so many of you! The trip would make so much more sense. Maybe it's a pipe dream. But we all should have them, adn we should all make at least few of them true
                          In da butt.

Comment

When I saw the thread title and author, I didn't know what to expect... Needless to say, I was hugely relieved to see just everyday weirdness listed.

Would love to meet you in Chicago someday, Pekka!
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Let's make it into my ToDo list then. It now says Route 66, meet as many Polytubbies as possible along the way.

In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X