No announcement yet.

i dont get "Arrested Development"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Through the first four episodes so far. The first three were ok, but the new season starts showing some real promise in episode 4 once all the catchup exposition is out of the way.

Spoiler:
    The whole "Michael is making a movie for Ron Howard" plotline seems like it could easily go off the rails in a season already too heavily packed with celebrity cameos, but it was funny in its first episode and may be worth it just for the image of Jason Bateman, James Lipton, Andy Richter, and Carl Weathers striding across the Imagine lobby.

Also, I am incredibly attracted to Judy Greer.

Comment

I quite enjoy Annie's boobs.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post

Also, I am incredibly attracted to Judy Greer.
        You and me both, bro. She was a senior in high school when I was a freshman; I have a vague memory of her being hot, funny, and relatively nice for a hot, funny senior.

Comment

I would hassle you for not making her yours when you had the opportunity, but a freshman guy seriously has no chance with a hot senior girl.

Comment

Not a chance in hell.

Of course, now I would have the perfect pick-up line. "Just the tip?"

Comment

I'd tell her that I'm super strong.

Comment

I still occasionally watch Big Bang Theory, but it's really gone downhill since they started giving all the nerds girlfriends.
                It's good that they're finally ending How I Met Your Mother. NPH is awesome, plus of course it had Willow - who I would ditch my wife for in a heartbeat - but it's pretty tough to be amused by the same, single ironic joke for an entire decade. Really, only Matt Groenig can get away with that, and I stopped watching The Simpsons years ago.

In fact, I've kind of given up on the entire form factor of the 30-minute sitcom. It's just tired. Then again, so am I.

BTW, don't bother watching Inside Amy Shumer on Comedy Network. She has taken Sarah Silverman's failure to be sexy+funny and actually found a way to make it less sexy AND less funny.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  In fact, I've kind of given up on the entire form factor of the 30-minute sitcom. It's just tired.

Community was our last hope.

Speaking of which, Dan Harmon has a blink or you'll miss it cameo in the second episode of the new Arrested Development season.

Comment

No interest in Arrested Development, at all.

Still have 6 episode of Community left to watch, may never get there.

Judy Greer is stunningly meh.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

You have no taste or class, sir.

Comment

What's so hot about her?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sondra-Locke-sondra-locke-appreciation-club-12832628-800-527.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	9095601

ACK!

Comment

She even looks good in old photos.

Comment

Yep, back in the 70's and 80's when she was dating Clint Eastwood.

ACK!

Comment

Given that Judy Greer was born in 1975, I think you have the wrong person in mind.

Comment

I liked Arrested Development but never finished it. I might keep watching it. HIMYM was funny for a few seasons but I got bored with it as well. I've just been running through classic comedies on Netflix lately. Find a good one that's timeless, or just have a retarded amount knowledge of very old trivia like I do, and things are still funny.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X