Never buy drugs from Ranbaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never buy drugs from Ranbaxy

This story details outright fraud in the drug making process at Ranbaxy. Unfortunately, they make over 150 generics and it is difficult to figure out where your generics are coming from. The lower the regulatory standards, the worse their drugs. Thus, the drugs they made for Africa and South America are the most troubling. One of my favorite quotes = "Its only blacks dying"

I know a bunch of you are on Lipitor and Zocor. Ranbaxy is a major supplier of the generic versions of those 2 very commonly prescribed drugs.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

bad drugs
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Ick. It also talks about amoxicillin and clavulante potassium ("Augmentin"), which is a commonly used pediatric antibiotic (I've had to give my older son that three or four times already). Apparently their powder turned brown, instead of white, upon rehydration... ick, ick, ick.

Guynemer, what do you think about this? It makes me tempted to ask my pediatrician to switch to a different standard antibiotic... I couldn't easily find a list of manufacturers (and Augmentin at least is made by lots of folks, at least, so I suppose it's not exactly a problem for that drug - but I'd love to use one that was domestic only...)
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Pediatricians don't believe in giving antibiotics to kids any more... make them tough that ear ache out
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Not true at all... it's a matter of specific issues. If the kid has a high fever and obvious ear infection, you need to treat it.

Comment

When you get the prescription from the drug store, there should be enough info on the label for you to determine who manufactured the drug. However, if it did come from Ranbaxy, I am not sure what you could do to ask for/obtain from another manufacturer. One could always ask the prescribing doctor for the name brand on the prescription and tell the pharmacy you will not accept a generic substitute.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I once mixed some salvia divinorum with weed

it turned me into a tyranasaur

i ran around with little arms going rawr rawr rawr
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't think that's the sort of drugs he's talking about.

Comment

Illinois is going medicinal soon

that means $$$$$$$$$$$$ for me
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

well, $$$$$$$ without the risk of arrest and imprisonment
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You realize this is Illinois, right? They'll make you get a ****ing license in order to grow and/or distribute. And in order to get that license you'll have to either be related to a Machine member, or perform various acts on one of them in order to get one.

Comment

Free Market works!
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                          You realize this is Illinois, right? They'll make you get a ****ing license in order to grow and/or distribute. And in order to get that license you'll have to either be related to a Machine member, or perform various acts on one of them in order to get one.
                          I've been to Rahm's parent's house for sader. My mom babysat him when he was a kid. I think I'm covered.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ranbaxy is that dude with the dreads who lives behind the old 7-11, right? His ecstasy is weak sauce bull****. I told him straight up, "If these pills were any good, I wouldn't be all angry and yelling at you now," and you know what he told me? He told me I should smoke some weed to help it kick in. As if I wasn't already smoking with or without his bunk ass pills. Then he told me that I should try taking them two or three at a time. At that point there's no ****ing point buying the cheap ones, because I could go with my boy's dude and get the good stuff that gets you rolling off the first pill. ****ing bull**** is all I'm saying.

How do you guys know Ranbaxy?
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Now he took the boy in his arms and resolved not to give his family any more Ranbaxy drugs until he knew the truth
                              I don't know what to make of this article. Is it an Opinion Piece? No. An Investigative Article? Too many Parts like the above, emotionally appealing bits which are neither needed nor warranted.

Also didn't someone post this before?
                              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
                              X