Shakespeare translated into Australian "bogan" speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakespeare translated into Australian "bogan" speak

There is some swearing in this otoh many of you probably won't even detect it

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

I was great mates with a big bunch of NZ bogans in the Hutt Valley on account of my then g/f being a cousin of one of them. I even bought one of his cars, a 1973 Torana S, when he upgraded to a monster 5.7l Monaro...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

the bit at the end makes me laugh every time

Monaros were great cars, legends, 73 was a good year maaaateee

I had a 4.1L cortina, just like this one, even the same colour, which was just ridiculous in a 6 cyclinder, totally unstable, wrote mine off on the Pacific highway, nearly killed myself and my sister, not surprised at current popularity for burnouts

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burnout-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	9095435
      Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 15, 2013, 05:37.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

This 73 Torana probably in better in nic than the one you had

Name:	1973-1974_Holden_LJ_Torana_GTR_2-door_sedan_01.jpg
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	9095436

Comment

Wow, that is virtually exactly my car - even the colour!

And totally better nick! Mine had a whole load of rust holes fixed with filler - I think they called it 'bogging'? There was even a hole in the floor where you could see the road, oh and a gold replacement driver's door! It looked proper skanky but I didn't care because of the V6 which was the biggest engine I'd owned at the time and the fact that everyone got out of my way on the roads!

Comment

Actually I have a pic somewhere of it with my g/f draped over the door trying to look cool...

Comment

yours would have been cooler - bog is what filler was called, could be where "bogan" comes from

I had a Datsun 180b for a while, bought for $500 as a second car, classic 70's "burnt orange" like this one. The boys loved it when they were little because bits would just fall off, "Dad, we lost a mirror". We'd go to the wrecker and get parts for it, it had no brakes, no clutch, no nothing but it was fun, only safe to drive around the burbs, took me weeks to pass rego.

It had a yellow boot, which I thought at least would make the car easy to find. Then I found another beat up old burnt orange "Datto" owned nearby also had a yellow boot I couldn't believe it.

Name:	3185200001_large.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	9095437

Comment

I loved NZ for cars. Before the Jap imported started flooding the market, it was a paradise for old cars!

My first car there was a 1964 Morris Oxford like this one

Obviously in worse nick and leaky brake fluid that you needed to remember to top up, or else! I forgot a few times! Decent 2.5L engine.

Then I had a 1976 Triumph 2.5 TC like this one, though mine was automatic. To this day almost 20 years later, I still drive in the lazy style of an automatic driver! It was awesome: leather seats; power steering and brakes; walnut fascia; V6; ant colony...

The engine was ****ed though and needed really heavy grade oil to keep the pressure up inside as it only had a range of about 50 miles before it started overheating and you had to let it cool down - I still got two almost years out of it AND managed to sell it on, swapping all the good tyres onto the Torana...

Best of all, I bought both for only $400NZ, or about £130 at the time - ah the days of youth and owning dodgy cars!

Comment

I remember those days in NZ - old cars used to cruise through the towns on Saturday night, there was nothing else to do it seemed

That Triumph in its faded glory would have been a chick magnet - and a wallet drainer

I still like old cars, kids do them up, way overspend and sometimes you can pick them up very cheaply in very good nic, resprayed and all, after they run out of money or points on their licence, when I retire I'll collect a few I think, become a sunday driver

I particularly like cars which you can tinker with, get under the bonnet with a screw driver or spanner and tweak, unlike cars today which are over-engineered with their computers and electronics, you can't even use jumper leads with them, the backyard days are gone

Comment

Hate to trump your aces, mates, but these beasts reside in my driveway currently:

Name:	IMAGE_AA93264F-FD1F-4EF0-A336-C46B380110DF.JPG
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	9095439

Name:	IMAGE_1C16E5DE-D009-4218-A11F-8AEE3460CED3.JPG
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	9095440
                    Life and death is a grave matter;
                    all things pass quickly away.
                    Each of you must be completely alert;
                    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Star Wars translated into Australian

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak View Post
                        Hate to trump your aces, mates, but these beasts reside in my driveway currently:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]174218[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]174219[/ATTACH]
                        How many women do you have?
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

lol made me homesick

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                            There is some swearing in this otoh many of you probably won't even detect it

Aren't you glad we've evolved, AH?
                            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

This is very funny. I'm sure W.S. who had Hamlet speaking of 'country matters' (spell it without the 'o' ) would have approved. I gave my Aussie friend Meg a brilliant book on Aussie Bogan culture, complete with style tips and musical suggestions.

Makes me quite nostalgic for Kath & Kim & the Footie Show.
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                              X