Orange Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Trees

Had fun at the garden center yesterday, decided to get (along with my blueberry trees and normal tomatoes/peppers/herbs) a Calamondin Orange tree (http://oliodigest.com/calamondin/ ) . Lancer and Aeson probably have a few dozen of these, as it's native to the Philippines, but can be grown indoors in Chicago apparently (outdoors in the summer, indoors during the freezing months). Makes sour/sweet lime-type fruit. Yum

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Cool!

How big do they get?

Also, lots of things can be grown indoors
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, i'll leave the green stuff to you. They get up to 10 feet high, but I'll prune this one down to ~6 feet probably (it's in my enclosed porch for the winter, ~8 foot ceiling).

Though they do say indoor citrus trees are useful for contributing a nice citrusy smell that can cover up other smells So perhaps it's useful for you, also.

Comment

Seems like it would be great for an indoor atrium area... with high ceilings.

Also, charcoal filters and negative air pressure eliminates the smell issue. You can be right outside the door and never know.

I have a 2x4x5 foot little grow tent. I've had the closet door wide open before... unsuspecting guests didn't have the foggiest. It blocks all the light, the fan is quiet, no air comes out... stealth!

I want to grow more food though. I like the idea of a citrus tree indoors. You should post some pics. I'd love to see the results.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Will do when I have the rest of the back yard done (except perhaps for some of the grass). Obviously the orange tree doesn't need any extra work, but I still have to plant two of my blueberry trees and one grape vine.

Comment

Also, make me a pie!
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sadly I am not even sure I'll have any fruit this season - one blueberry tree might, but that's it probably, and it may not be sweet this year.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

In Belgium, we don't need snoopy to get pie.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

American Pie >>> Belgian Pie

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      American Pie >>> Belgian Pie
                      It's hard to argue with such an opinion when you have a classic song on your side.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Comment

I had a friend once who wanted to grow avacadoes in his closet instead of weed because; hey man, have you seen the price of an avacado!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

I've been trying to find a good source for seedlings to plant. Net says they used to have a kalamansi tree here at the house, but when they were kids it died when they swept and burned the trash too close to it. I haven't seen many around, though there's always kalamansi to be bought at market.

We do have a couple avocado trees, but they aren't very productive due to shade and probably genetic issues. (They seem to be growing naturally at the bottom of a dense ravine.) Again, need a good source of seedlings.

Comment

I have a grafted 5 in 1 citrus tree in my backyard. A bunch of other fruit trees too.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X