No announcement yet.

Ender's Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cause they didn't know we were intelligent beings. They tried talking to us their way, but got no response; so they figured we were just another animal. The first invasion wasn't an invasion. It was just a colony. The Formics were just clearing space for their colony. It came as a great shock to them when they lost a fight they were never expecting. That's why in the second invasion they went in force (and a queen). The I.F. put up a fleet to try to stop them but got wiped out. Only one ship wasn't destroyed. That's where Mazr Rackam comes in. He was the commander of that ship hiding in the debris or the rings of Saturn or some such. Once the Formic fleet past by him, he attacked the last ship from behind. One lucky shot and he destroyed the Queen ship. The rest of the Fleet died on the spot leaving us with all that tech.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I just watched this, although there was no way they could condense the book into a movie, the movie was pretty good IMO.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• I wonder what the movie would have been like if they had actually used kids aged 6 through 12?

Most of you probably never saw Bugsy Malone a 1976 gangster movie starring 12 year old Jodie Foster and 14 year old Scott Baio and a cast almost exclusively of children. Enders Game might have come out like that.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• I think the Ender character would be a bit too intense for a 6 or 7 year old to play. It would have increased the child soldier creepiness.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• the movie was kinda... bad

it was hunger games in space

the adventures of puberty kids is not interesting

in fact, it's stupid
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• It's possible that a book about child soldiers exterminating space bugs is poor source material for a blockbuster movie.

Also, did anybody else have trouble with Ender being about a foot taller than Bonzo?
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• His height bugged me. But only because he looked like a tall/thin child. And the puber voice crack when he screamed. Ugh.

Children should be kept out of society completely until they turn 18.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                X