Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    http://www.themoneyillusion.com/?p=21058#comments

Even Scott Sumner is saying that the key problem is not enough income is going to workers.

JM
    What he posted has basically nothing to do with income inequality though.

Comment

Not enough income going to workers is obviously a cause of income inequality.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Just because it is not 1-1 doesn't mean that it is correlated. I wasn't claiming it was 1-1.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

JM
          I wouldn't say that's obvious, and he's talking about nominal income, not real income. Whether people are making more, in real terms, than they were forty years ago really has nothing to do with how high the unemployment rate is now. What's he's talking about is high how their nominal income is compared to the recent past.

Comment

i love the way jon miller's mind works
            i just want to crawl up inside of his head and cuddle with his brain
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              I wouldn't say that's obvious, and he's talking about nominal income, not real income. Whether people are making more, in real terms, than they were forty years ago really has nothing to do with how high the unemployment rate is now. What's he's talking about is high how their nominal income is compared to the recent past.
              Now think about how likely the situation would be that there was an increase in real income with a decrease in nominal income.

JM
              (not for individuals, but for all workers in a nation)
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Now think about how likely the situation would be that there was an increase in real income with a decrease in nominal income.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

JM
                  It wouldn't happen, since we only see nominal income go down during recessions. If you're going to build an argument on this please proceed.

Comment

JM
                    Is this some kind of joke?
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It wouldn't happen, since we only see nominal income go down during recessions. If you're going to build an argument on this please proceed.
                      That was my point.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

"enough" income going to workers is obviously a necessary (but not a sufficient) condition for less income inequality

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                        X