E-Cigarettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Cigarettes

Well after smoking for 20 years, I've just gone a week without one by switching to an electronic cigarette. It was still hard as ****, but it seems like this may be a winner after all. Anyone else tried these things?

I've never tried them but I know people who have.

Good luck! It's hard, but worth it.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

My uncle did. He went from smoking a packet per day to smoking one every month with these.

I can only endorse people who stop smoking. My dad smoked for over 30 years, and 8 years ago had, over the course of four years, 3 tumours (kidney, lung, brain) cut out and a stroke. He survived, but was very lucky. SO quit while you're ahead! (Also, with the prices of cigs, you'll be saving a fortune )
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Congrats on quitting, kentonio. Stay strong and don't turn back to the dark side.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah good luck kentonio. It's not easy. I wish you well. I did 2 packs a day for over 30 years. Haven't had one for around 5 years.

Some one had one of those and I wanted to try it just to see what it was like, but figured it would be too dangerous for me at this point.
          What's it like?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well somebody needs to contribute a contrary opinion....

QUITTER!!
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              Yeah good luck kentonio. It's not easy. I wish you well. I did 2 packs a day for over 30 years. Haven't had one for around 5 years.

Some one had one of those and I wanted to try it just to see what it was like, but figured it would be too dangerous for me at this point.
              What's it like?
              It's good. Very similar to the experience of smoking, but not quite as satisfying. I think the vapour feels a little thinner than regular smoke, but still pretty good. I tried one when they first appeared on the scene about 5 years ago, and back then the technology was pretty poor. Batteries hardly lasted any time at all, and the vapour was very harsh on the throat. These new ones are a huge improvement.

I've still wanted a real cigarette quite a few times, but in a controllable way. Was drinking quite a lot last night around a smoker, and still managed to not cave.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                Well somebody needs to contribute a contrary opinion....

QUITTER!!

Comment

I've still wanted a real cigarette quite a few times, but in a controllable way. Was drinking quite a lot last night around a smoker, and still managed to not cave.
                  Big congrats. The drinking and not smoking was the hardest part. I cut back a bit drinking when I first quit to help.
                  I did use chantex. I'd like to think it was the difference maker, but it was the first time I quit where I REAAALLLYY wanted to quit. On my MANY MANY previous attempts I think I just thought it would be good to quit.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good luck kentonio! Keep at it!
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                      Big congrats. The drinking and not smoking was the hardest part. I cut back a bit drinking when I first quit to help.
                      I did use chantex. I'd like to think it was the difference maker, but it was the first time I quit where I REAAALLLYY wanted to quit. On my MANY MANY previous attempts I think I just thought it would be good to quit.
                      Yeah, I've tried that halfhearted thing quite a few times in the past.

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      Good luck kentonio! Keep at it!
                      Thanks dude.

Comment

congrats

smoking is bad unless

and even then, its probably not good for you

but more fun

KEEP IT UP
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You're still going to die
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

BUT NOT UNTIL I KICK YOU IN THE BALLLS

VERY HARD
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I tried them but found they just weren't the same.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X