Oculus Rift is stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oculus Rift is stupid

VR was fail 20 years ago. VR is fail now. VR will always be fail.

They are working so hard to make dual 1080p displays.

1080p sucks. It sucks even more when a 1080p picture is stretched across my entire FOV. They should be working on 4k monitors.

Head movement being part of a control scheme sucks... for everything but hardcore flight sims.

Every story I read about this Oculus Rift thing makes my blood boil. There are lots of ways to improve gaming. These people could be working on a game engine with more interactive environment destruction physics. How about coming up with better procedural generation for games? This way, you don't need massive teams of artists rendering every last hair on a frog in a giant world.

But VR? **** VR. I probably already look stupid enough when I play games. I don't need a bulky funky helmet to wear. I don't need PC multiplayer games segmented into different populations because some fat neckbeard wants a more immersive multiplayer experience. There are enough noobs in games. We don't need to have more people standing in place looking around because thing look all 3D.

Oh yeah, and then they go afk because they are puking from motion sickness.

Discuss.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Are you anti-VR, or are you just anti-crotch-bulge?

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

i'm only pro-crotch bulge with regards to finland
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So you prefer Finnish dickgirls?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

According to Google Image Search, this is a Finland crotch bulge

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

he's in pretty good shape for being such a greybeard
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

also, other recent stupidity in gaming:

OMG THEY MADE A GAME DEV MANAGEMENT GAME, RELEASED IT ON TORRENTS, AND YOU LOSE BECAUSE OF PIRACY

OMGHOMHGOMH

ITS ALMOST AS DEEP AS BIOSHOCK INFINITE
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well, head tracking with OR shouldn' t be part of the control scheme, unless you're using iron sights in a shooter.
                The stupidest thing is an omni-treadmill, where you have to run and turn to run and turn. The newer version allows you to jump, which is also ridiculous. What if you to drop and slide down into a bush on your ass?
                A much better way to control your movement would be to have a large analog omni-pedal for your right foot for movement, your left leg can control jumping or crouching. The hardest thing is turning your body, since you don't want to do this with your mouse or head. You could either use your left leg for that, or have a second mouse, since you want to both turn and aim during fighting.
                Iron sights are a problem, since you want to lock your arm and head movements. Maybe you could use your head for large-scale movements and your hand for fine aiming? This really needs to be playtested hard if you want controls that are easy to use.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                  This really needs to be playtested hard if you want controls that are easy to use.
                  Gee, I wonder if they thought of that?

Comment

It's the best thing ever!

You can now shoot straight and look around to see is a spy is coming!
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

What the actual **** is Oculus Rift?
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        What the actual **** is Oculus Rift?
                        Kickstarter project to create new awesome VR system that took off like mad, attracted loads of celebrity endorsements from people like Gabe Newell and is going to be the NextBestThing(tm).

Comment

and hipster douchebag gamers love it

if you say anything bad... OMFG HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE VR THIS IS AWESOME NOW I CAN FAP AND MY MOM DOESNT SEE IT
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                            and hipster douchebag gamers love it

if you say anything bad... OMFG HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE VR THIS IS AWESOME NOW I CAN FAP AND MY MOM DOESNT SEE IT
                            I'm not exactly sure OR won't make it harder to fap.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                            X