Sci-Fi London, 30 April- 6 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sci-Fi London, 30 April- 6 May

A wee bit of publicity for the 12th Annual International Festival Of Science Fiction & Fantastic Film starting next week- I bumped into the director yesterday, so thought I'd do the decent thing and let you all know. The Star Wars stormtrooper in Stratford Mall was a bit of a giveaway...

Anyway I'm of an age when the term 'Sci-Fi' was looked down on by the True Believers- those of us who read 'Analog' and collected Michael Moorcock's 'New Worlds' and 'New Writings In Science Fiction' and had pristine copies of Science Fiction Monthly and said 'Ess Eff' instead....

Anyway, the opening night film is 'Byzantium' featuring Jonny Lee Miller and Saoirse Ronan and Gemma Arterton, and the two women share a terrible secret...

The closing night film is 'Dark By Noon' an Irish made thriller set in an alternate reality & involving time travel.

There's also a Short Film programme, all-nighters, including an Anime all-nighter, a celebration of Dr Who's 50th anniversary and more...

www.urbanfantasist.com www.clarkeaward.com youtube.com/themultiverse http://www.sci-fi-london.com/
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915
Working...
X